Edit Fields function

James Goff

After disabling DX Spotting, and Resizing (100%), and Restarting ACLog, the system just loops through Resizing and Restarting screens. Still no access to Edit List Form. Please advise.
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Don't maximize the form on start up.  Just go directly for Settings > Edit Fields Displayed without manipulating the form in any way.

If you have any additional questions, I have lots of support for you on:

- Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page:  http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html  (the vast majority of commonly asked questions are answered right here).

- Our website help section:  http://www.n3fjp.com/help/index.html

- Our YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkxw9QX84F4tFyX8JavCOD3XVUS5Dsznw

And if you still have questions after reviewing all the resources above, please feel free to search the topics and / or e-mail us on our users support e-mail group:  https://groups.io/g/N3FJPSoftwareUsers

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Feb 1, 2021 2:00 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Edit Fields function

After disabling DX Spotting, and Resizing (100%), and Restarting ACLog, the system just loops through Resizing and Restarting screens. Still no access to Edit List Form. Please advise.
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Jim Hamlin

Piece of cake Dennis, thankyou.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> on behalf of Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...>
Sent: Monday, February 1, 2021 2:19:07 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Edit Fields function

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Don't maximize the form on start up.  Just go directly for Settings > Edit Fields Displayed without manipulating the form in any way.

- Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page:  http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html  (the vast majority of commonly asked questions are answered right here).

- Our YouTube channel:  https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkxw9QX84F4tFyX8JavCOD3XVUS5Dsznw

And if you still have questions after reviewing all the resources above, please feel free to search the topics and / or e-mail us on our users support e-mail group:  https://groups.io/g/N3FJPSoftwareUsers

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

James Goff

Good morning, Scott:  Started from scratch but still having trouble. After re-boot system, here are my steps:
Settings
Edit Fields Displayed, Position and Tab Order
<Please First Disable DX Spotting>
Disable DX Spotting
Edit Fields DFisplayed, Position and Tab Order
<Please First Set Form Size to 100%> 
Note: Screen Size is already at 100%
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots
I start over again and when the system reports <Please First Set Form size>, I select "NO", 
Edit Fields Displayed, etc.I still get DX Spotting Disable, Reset Form Size, Restart options all over again.

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 2:19 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your follow up.  I'm sorry that you are still having trouble.  That is really strange.  

The only other thing I can think to suggest is make sure DX Spotting is disabled.  Then close and restart AC Log, but instead of clicking Settings > Edit Fields Displayed, start AC Log and immediately click > Settings > Appearance > Form Size and enter 100.

Then close AC Log, restart it and without manipulating the form in any way, immediately click Settings > Edit Fields Displayed.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Tue, Feb 2, 2021 9:55 am

Good morning, Scott:  Started from scratch but still having trouble. After re-boot system, here are my steps:
Settings
Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots
I start over again and when the system reports <Please First Set Form size>, I select "NO", 
Edit Fields Displayed, etc.I still get DX Spotting Disable, Reset Form Size, Restart options all over again.

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 2:19 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

James Goff

"Then close AC Log, restart it and without manipulating the form in any way, immediately click Settings > Edit Fields Displayed."

Followed instructions, including this last statement (above). 

System displayed "Please First Set Form Size to 100%"

have stopped at this point.....will await your further thoughts.  I do not object to reloading ACLog if suggested. 

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 10:19 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your follow up.  I'm sorry that you are still having trouble.  That is really strange.  

The only other thing I can think to suggest is make sure DX Spotting is disabled.  Then close and restart AC Log, but instead of clicking Settings > Edit Fields Displayed, start AC Log and immediately click > Settings > Appearance > Form Size and enter 100.

Then close AC Log, restart it and without manipulating the form in any way, immediately click Settings > Edit Fields Displayed.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Settings
Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Yikes!  Okay, if you don't mind reloading, you don't actually have to reload (unless you aren't already running 6.8), but do this either way:

From AC Log 6.8's menu options click File > Show File Locations and note the location of your settings files.

Close AC Log.

Using File Manager (or the like) delete all the files except your log file (no need to erase the backup directory).  

Start AC Log.  You will need to reenter you password.  Ping me direct if you can't find it.

That will take you to the equivalent of a fresh install.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Tue, Feb 2, 2021 11:00 am

"Then close AC Log, restart it and without manipulating the form in any way, immediately click Settings > Edit Fields Displayed."

have stopped at this point.....will await your further thoughts.  I do not object to reloading ACLog if suggested. 

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 10:19 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jim,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Settings
Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

James Goff

Yikes is right!  Apparently, the steps I am taking are not working.  Followed your latest here, deleted all but logdata..mdb.  Closed and re-opened ACLopg, entered password, Program opens.
Clicked on Edit Fields, etc., directed to disable DX spotting, did so, went back to Edit Field, and received "Please First Set Form Size to 100% (which it always is.....) Looping through Form Size, Reset options etc. etc. ...same as ever. Seems I can't get beyond selecting Edit Fields, etc., without running into Form Size, Reset options etc. 

Yikes....

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 12:04 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jim,

Yikes!  Okay, if you don't mind reloading, you don't actually have to reload (unless you aren't already running 6.8), but do this either way:

From AC Log 6.8's menu options click File > Show File Locations and note the location of your settings files.

Close AC Log.

Using File Manager (or the like) delete all the files except your log file (no need to erase the backup directory).  

Start AC Log.  You will need to reenter you password.  Ping me direct if you can't find it.

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Settings
Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Larry Banks

Hi Jim,

Perhaps you could try setting it to a different size, like 50, and then back to 100.  It might make a difference.  Be sure to recycle ACLog.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2021 15:09

Yikes is right!  Apparently, the steps I am taking are not working.  Followed your latest here, deleted all but logdata.mdb. Closed and re-opened ACLopg, entered password, Program opens.
Clicked on Edit Fields, etc., directed to disable DX spotting, did so, went back to Edit Field, and received "Please First Set Form Size to 100% (which it always is.....) Looping through Form Size, Reset options etc. etc. ...same as ever. Seems I can't get beyond selecting Edit Fields, etc., without running into Form Size, Reset options etc.

Yikes....

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 12:04 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jim,

Yikes!  Okay, if you don't mind reloading, you don't actually have to reload (unless you aren't already running 6.8), but do this either way:

Close AC Log.

73, Scott
N3FJP

System displayed "Please First Set Form Size to 100%"

have stopped at this point.....will await your further thoughts.  I do not object to reloading ACLog if suggested.

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

The only other thing I can think to suggest is make sure DX Spotting is disabled.  Then close and restart AC Log, but instead of clicking Settings > Edit Fields Displayed, start AC Log and immediately click > Settings > Appearance > Form Size and enter 100.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Settings
Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Don't maximize the form on start up  Just go directly for Settings > Edit Fields Displayed without manipulating the form in any way.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

After disabling DX Spotting, and Resizing (100%), and Restarting ACLog, the system just loops through Resizing and Restarting screens. Still no access to Edit List Form. Please advise.
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

James Goff

Hi Larry:  Thanks for comin' aboard!  Tried a variety of form sizings, but the first screen that opens each time is to resize the form to 100%
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 3:28 PM Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jim,

Perhaps you could try setting it to a different size, like 50, and then back to 100.  It might make a difference.  Be sure to recycle ACLog.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Yikes is right!  Apparently, the steps I am taking are not working.  Followed your latest here, deleted all but logdata.mdb. Closed and re-opened ACLopg, entered password, Program opens.
Clicked on Edit Fields, etc., directed to disable DX spotting, did so, went back to Edit Field, and received "Please First Set Form Size to 100% (which it always is.....) Looping through Form Size, Reset options etc. etc. ...same as ever. Seems I can't get beyond selecting Edit Fields, etc., without running into Form Size, Reset options etc.

Yikes....

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Yikes!  Okay, if you don't mind reloading, you don't actually have to reload (unless you aren't already running 6.8), but do this either way:

Close AC Log.

73, Scott
N3FJP

have stopped at this point.....will await your further thoughts.  I do not object to reloading ACLog if suggested.

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

The only other thing I can think to suggest is make sure DX Spotting is disabled.  Then close and restart AC Log, but instead of clicking Settings > Edit Fields Displayed, start AC Log and immediately click > Settings > Appearance > Form Size and enter 100.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Settings
Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Don't maximize the form on start up  Just go directly for Settings > Edit Fields Displayed without manipulating the form in any way.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

After disabling DX Spotting, and Resizing (100%), and Restarting ACLog, the system just loops through Resizing and Restarting screens. Still no access to Edit List Form. Please advise.
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Something else is wrong.  Having deleted all your settings files, DX Spotting should not have been up and running when you started AC Log.  It is disabled by default on first load.

Jim, you know I would love to give you an answer, or even a clue of something else  to check, but the fact that your DX Spotting was working on startup, after deleting all your settings files, tells me there is something bizarre going on there.  Only s setting file would have caused that to occur.  On the other hand, you were prompted for your password.  I am utterly clueless.  

I'm very sorry.  I really wish I had something else to suggest.  Please let me know if any other clues come to light.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Tue, Feb 2, 2021 3:28 pm

Hi Jim,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Yikes....

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Close AC Log.

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Settings
Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

James Goff

A bit of good news?   I have a totally separate and independent ACLog set-up for a 'second' station. Just tried the same procedure on it and it worked  FINE!  I am going to totally unload ACLog (except .datalog.mdb), reboot everything in sight and see what happens. 

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 3:47 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jim,

Something else is wrong.  Having deleted all your settings files, DX Spotting should not have been up and running when you started AC Log.  It is disabled by default on first load.

Jim, you know I would love to give you an answer, or even a clue of something else  to check, but the fact that your DX Spotting was working on startup, after deleting all your settings files, tells me there is something bizarre going on there.  Only s setting file would have caused that to occur.  On the other hand, you were prompted for your password.  I am utterly clueless.  

I'm very sorry.  I really wish I had something else to suggest.  Please let me know if any other clues come to light.

73, Scott
N3FJP

From: Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Feb 2, 2021 3:28 pm

Hi Jim,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Yikes....

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Close AC Log.

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Settings
Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Larry Banks

Hi James,

Perhaps you answered this earlier.  What happens when you do put 100 into the form and hit “OK” twice as requested, and then start ACLog again?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2021 15:43

Hi Larry:  Thanks for comin' aboard!  Tried a variety of form sizings, but the first screen that opens each time is to resize the form to 100%
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 3:28 PM Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jim,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Yikes....

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Close AC Log.

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Settings
Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Greg Cook

Scott,

I am having the same problem with 6.8....it just started a few days ago.

Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots

It is an endless loop.

I finally reloaded ACL 6.8 and clicking on "Edit...." brings up the proper selection screen.

Reloading works is all I know...

Thanks,

Greg

On February 3, 2021 at 2:04 AM, "Scott Davis via groups.io" <SNKDavis@...> wrote:

Hi Jim,

Close AC Log.

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Settings
Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

James Goff

Larry:  I don't see “OK” twice as requested, and then start ACLog again?. The instant I hit "OK" once, it says it will close ACLog so I can reopen it. Then the cycle starts all over again, looping.  I am going to compare each step with the 'second' station right on the same table to see where and what, if any, the differences are.   

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 4:14 PM Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hi James,

Perhaps you answered this earlier.  What happens when you do put 100 into the form and hit “OK” twice as requested, and then start ACLog again?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Hi Larry:  Thanks for comin' aboard!  Tried a variety of form sizings, but the first screen that opens each time is to resize the form to 100%
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Yikes....

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Close AC Log.

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Settings
Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

James Goff

Yikes, x 2!  Cleaned out all ACLog files and reloaded 'fresh' 6.8. Now, at the SETUP form, Optional "Operator" field will not 'allow' my name (JIM) but gets a message "Invalid Call Sign."  Is this new to 6.8 or another aberration? (Works correctly on my other computer with 6.8!)

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 4:54 PM James Goff via groups.io <goffmaine=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Larry:  I don't see “OK” twice as requested, and then start ACLog again?. The instant I hit "OK" once, it says it will close ACLog so I can reopen it. Then the cycle starts all over again, looping.  I am going to compare each step with the 'second' station right on the same table to see where and what, if any, the differences are.   

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 4:14 PM Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hi James,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Yikes....

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Close AC Log.

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Settings
Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

James Goff

The GOOD news (with exception of the OPERATOR Field issue) is that access to Edit Fields, etc., function Is now working with the reloading of fresh 6.8!
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 10:30 AM James Goff via groups.io <goffmaine=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
Yikes, x 2!  Cleaned out all ACLog files and reloaded 'fresh' 6.8. Now, at the SETUP form, Optional "Operator" field will not 'allow' my name (JIM) but gets a message "Invalid Call Sign."  Is this new to 6.8 or another aberration? (Works correctly on my other computer with 6.8!)

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 4:54 PM James Goff via groups.io <goffmaine=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi James,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Yikes....

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Close AC Log.

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Settings
Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Mike Olbrisch

IIRC, the operator field -IS- your callsign.  Also IIRC, some contest submissions choke when that field is a NAME and nota CALLSIGN.

Of course, I could be wrong.  I’ve slept since this occurred with me.  But I just checked, and KD5KC is my OPERATOR entry.

Hope this helps.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

The canyons are calling, colorful and deep.  But I have promises to keep.

And miles to go still in my Jeep...   And miles to go still in my Jeep...

ADVENTURE:  The respectful pursuit of trouble.

An EXIT is really an ENTRANCE to someplace new.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of James Goff
Sent: Wednesday, February 3, 2021 8:30 AM

James H. Goff

207-944-3297 (c)

-Jim

James H. Goff

207-944-3297 (c)

Hi James,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

-Jim

James H. Goff

207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Yikes....

-Jim

James H. Goff

207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Close AC Log.

73, Scott

N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff

207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

73, Scott

N3FJP

Settings

Disable DX Spotting

"Yes"

<Complete Reset>

"Yes"

System reboots

-Jim

James H. Goff

207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff

207-944-3297 (c)

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for the good report.  There has always been a warning about not using your name as the the operator value, but since so many folks were ignoring the warning and then wondering why they could not upload to LoTW when entering their name instead of properly entering their call sign, I eliminated the option to ignore the warning, in I believe 6.7.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Wed, Feb 3, 2021 10:35 am

The GOOD news (with exception of the OPERATOR Field issue) is that access to Edit Fields, etc., function Is now working with the reloading of fresh 6.8!
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 10:30 AM James Goff via groups.io <goffmaine=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi James,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Yikes....

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Close AC Log.

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

73, Scott
N3FJP

Settings
Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Jim Shorney

"OPERATOR" is defined in the ADIF spec as "the logging operator's callsign".

http://www.adif.org/311/ADIF_311.htm#QSO_Field_OPERATOR

-Jim
NU0C

On Wed, 3 Feb 2021 10:35:50 -0500
"James Goff" <goffmaine@gmail.com> wrote:

The GOOD news (with exception of the OPERATOR Field issue) is that access
to Edit Fields, etc., function Is now working with the reloading of
fresh 6.8!
*-Jim*

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Wed, Feb 3, 2021 at 10:30 AM James Goff via groups.io <goffmaine=
gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Yikes, x 2! Cleaned out all ACLog files and reloaded 'fresh' 6.8. Now, at
the SETUP form, Optional "Operator" field will not 'allow' my name (JIM)
but gets a message "Invalid Call Sign." Is this new to 6.8 or another
aberration? (Works correctly on my other computer with 6.8!)

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 4:54 PM James Goff via groups.io <goffmaine=
gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

Larry: I don't see “OK” twice as requested, and then start ACLog
again?. The instant I hit "OK" once, it says it will close ACLog so I
can reopen it. Then the cycle starts all over again, looping. I am going
to compare each step with the 'second' station right on the same table to
see where and what, if any, the differences are.

*-Jim*

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 4:14 PM Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj=
verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Hi James,

Perhaps you answered this earlier. What happens when you do put 100
into the form and hit “OK” twice as requested, and then start ACLog again?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

*Sent:* Tuesday, February 02, 2021 15:43
*To:* N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Edit Fields function

Hi Larry: Thanks for comin' aboard! Tried a variety of form sizings,
but the first screen that opens each time is to resize the form to 100%
*-Jim*

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 3:28 PM Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj=
verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Jim,

Perhaps you could try setting it to a different size, like 50, and then
back to 100. It might make a difference. Be sure to recycle ACLog.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

*Sent:* Tuesday, February 02, 2021 15:09
*To:* N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
*Subject:* Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Edit Fields function

Yikes is right! Apparently, the steps I am taking are not working.
Followed your latest here, deleted all but *logdata.mdb. *Closed and
re-opened ACLopg, entered password, Program opens.
Clicked on Edit Fields, etc., directed to disable DX spotting, did so,
went back to Edit Field, and received "Please First Set Form Size to 100%
(which it always is.....) Looping through Form Size, Reset options etc.
etc. ...same as ever. Seems I can't get beyond selecting Edit Fields, etc.,
without running into Form Size, Reset options etc.

Yikes....

*-Jim*

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 12:04 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=
aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Jim,

Yikes! Okay, if you don't mind reloading, you don't actually have to
reload (unless you aren't already running 6.8), but do this either
way:

From AC Log 6.8's menu options click File > Show File Locations and
note the location of your settings files.

Close AC Log.

Using File Manager (or the like) delete all the files except your log
file (no need to erase the backup directory).

Start AC Log. You will need to reenter you password. Ping me direct
if you can't find it.

73, Scott
N3FJP
*http://www.n3fjp.com* <http://www.n3fjp.com/>

*Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general
logging software since 1997.*

1 Peter 3 vs 15: *Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone
who asks you to give the reason for <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>the
hope that you have <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>. But do this with
gentleness and respect*...

*"Then close AC Log, restart it and without manipulating the form in
any way, immediately click Settings > Edit Fields Displayed."*

have stopped at this point.....will await your further thoughts. I do
not object to reloading ACLog if suggested.

*-Jim*

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Tue, Feb 2, 2021 at 10:19 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your follow up. I'm sorry that you are still having
trouble. That is really strange.

The only other thing I can think to suggest is make sure DX Spotting
is disabled. Then close and restart AC Log, but instead of clicking
Settings > Edit Fields Displayed, start AC Log and immediately click >
Settings > Appearance > Form Size and enter 100.

Then close AC Log, restart it and without manipulating the form in any
way, immediately click Settings > Edit Fields Displayed.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Good morning, Scott: Started from scratch but still having trouble.
After re-boot system, here are my steps:
Settings
Disable DX Spotting
"Yes"
<Complete Reset>
"Yes"
System reboots
I start over again and when the system reports <Please First Set Form
size>, I select "NO",
Edit Fields Displayed, etc.I still get DX Spotting Disable, Reset Form
Size, Restart options all over again.

*-Jim*

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

On Mon, Feb 1, 2021 at 2:19 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail. Don't maximize the form on start up Just go
directly for Settings > Edit Fields Displayed without manipulating the form
in any way.

If you have any additional questions, I have lots of support for you
on:

- Our Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) page:
http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html (the vast majority of commonly asked
questions are answered right here).

- Our website help section: http://www.n3fjp.com/help/index.html

- Our YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkxw9QX84F4tFyX8JavCOD3XVUS5Dsznw

And if you still have questions after reviewing all the resources
above, please feel free to search the topics and / or e-mail us on our
users support e-mail group: https://groups.io/g/N3FJPSoftwareUsers

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

After disabling DX Spotting, and Resizing (100%), and Restarting
ACLog, the system just loops through Resizing and Restarting screens. Still
no access to Edit List Form. Please advise.
*-Jim*

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)