Problem with ACL and SatPC32 interface with Kenwood TS2000

Stephen Malyszka

Hi Scott or anyone,

The TS2000 has only one RS232 port. I'm using a virtual port splitter to connect Satpc32 and N3FJP to that port. The TS2000 has 2 receivers. When operating on different uplink and downlink bands (Receiver A set to downlink and Receiver B set to uplink), N3FJP records the received frequency/band (Receiver A) in the log. I wish to have the transmitted uplink frequency/band (Receiver B) recorded in my log. I have configured ACL in the radio settings menu to read Receiver B (FB;) but ACL still reports Receiver A. Any help in fixing this would be appreciated.

Steve
AG2J

Scott Davis

Hi All,

If anyone has enough experience with Steve's equipment to help he, I know that he (and I) would be grateful.  Please chime in!

The TS2000 has only one RS232 port. I'm using a virtual port splitter to connect Satpc32 and N3FJP to that port. The TS2000 has 2 receivers. When operating on different uplink and downlink bands (Receiver A set to downlink and Receiver B set to uplink), N3FJP records the received frequency/band (Receiver A) in the log. I wish to have the transmitted uplink frequency/band (Receiver B) recorded in my log. I have configured ACL in the radio settings menu to read Receiver B (FB;) but ACL still reports Receiver A. Any help in fixing this would be appreciated.

Steve
AG2J

Mark Johns

Different gear, but same problem. Haven’t yet found a way around it. It’s a PITA, and not limited to ACL. I’ve tried several different logging programs for satellites and have the same problem with all of them.
Mark D. Johns, K0JM
Minneapolis. MN EN35

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad