locked Does N3FJP work with Eterlogic's VSPE software to expand single COM4 into virtual ports...if so how?

Walter Egenmaier

I just d/l VSPE to add virtual ports so I can operate several softwares including my logger program N3FJP.
Are these 2 compatible? If so, why doesn't N3FJP see the rig when I put it on the COM7 I created from COM4?
Walt/WB4ZUT

Walter Egenmaier

I should include I am using WIN10, and version 6.8 (newest) of N3FJP software. I d/l and installed the 32-bit version of Eterlogic's VSPE.

Kevin Gray

Walt,

I use Eterlogic VSPE always, and have for a very long time, and it works reliably and very well with ACLog in combination with many other applications. ACLog will see the port you create, and not know the difference between it and any real physical port.

If the settings you are using for that rig are correct, and have worked in the past, then the settings in VSPE are not right.

Since you haven’t included How you setup VSPE or any of the Settings for the port in VSPE, I’m afraid I can’t be of any more assistance.

If you can provide your settings from VSPE, I can try and help.

73

Kevin

N9VPV

I just d/l VSPE to add virtual ports so I can operate several softwares including my logger program N3FJP.
Are these 2 compatible? If so, why doesn't N3FJP see the rig when I put it on the COM7 I created from COM4?
Walt/WB4ZUT

Gary Woods

On Sat, 09 Jan 2021 10:39:19 -0800, you wrote:

I just d/l VSPE to add virtual ports so I can operate several softwares including my logger program N3FJP.
Are these 2 compatible? If so, why doesn't N3FJP see the rig when I put it on the COM7 I created from COM4?
Walt/WB4ZUT
Yes....I run VSPE 64-bit (refurb HP win7 box) with ACL, FlDigi, HDSR,
and occasionally WSJT-X all without a hickup. Just be consistant with
handshaking/baud rate etc.

--
Gary Woods O- K2AHC Public keys at home.earthlink.net/~garygarlic, or get 0x1D64A93D via keyserver
fingerprint = E2 6F 50 93 7B C7 F3 CA 1F 8B 3C C0 B0 28 68

Walter Egenmaier

Kevin, I used the following setup.
https://github.com/rfrht/FT991A-PAT/wiki/appendix-sharing-serial-port
Is that all you need?
I was successfully running on COM 4 and all I did was run VSPE and then open N3FJP and switched to COM 7 (which is a virtual COM I created.
Walt / WB4ZUT

Kevin Gray

Start VSPE

Click on Create New Device

Select device type: Splitter, click Next

Data Source Serial Port: COM4 (or whatever the radio serial port is for your radio) { Are you actually using a 991 ?  and picked the enhanced port to split ?}

Virtual Serial Port: COM7 (or whichever you want, make sure your logging programs use this port).

Click settings:

Speed: 57600 (or whatever your radio is currently using)

DTR/RTS: NO

Parity: no

Bits: 8

Stop bits: 1

Click OK

Redirect modem registers: CHECKED

Initial Modem Registers State: RTS: NOT CHECKED, DTR: NOT CHECKED

Once you’re all setup, click the Play button. VSPE should say that the initialization is OK.

Select the new port in ACLog, make sure all parameters are set, Baud, Parity, Data, Stop, etc

Then press the Test button on the rig interface form.

If this doesn’t work, send actual screen shots of what YOU have.

73

Kevin

N9VPV

*From:* N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

VSPE software to expand single COM4 into virtual ports...if so how?

Kevin, I used the following setup.

https://github.com/rfrht/FT991A-PAT/wiki/appendix-sharing-serial-port

Is that all you need?

I was successfully running on COM 4 and all I did was run VSPE and

then open N3FJP and switched to COM 7 (which is a virtual COM I created.

Walt / WB4ZUT

Greg Cook

Kevin,

Thanks. I upgraded to the latest WSJT-X 2.2.2 version and it works fine. Now I can use AC Log for all my programs..interactively, which is great.

Greg

*From:* N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io