ACL Sort on Date/Time error/bug? v 6.7

Tim Thorson

All,

I am trying to sort ACL v6.7 log by Date / Time to export just a select range of recent ones (all contact since N5QJ) - I normally do this by just Rec# order. But I realized sorting by date field is more correct as the Rec# is NOT always the same order as contact date/time.

However, when I click the header field to do so, I now see the sorting is in error. It seems to not take in account the YEAR in the sort - thus is not truly sorting correctly...   (Example below)

Is it just me?  Can someone confirm?

image.png

73, Tim  KD6HOF

Kevin Gray

Tim,

Yep, it’s just you.

If you click “File>Sort Log on Date” instead of clicking the header, the files Will be sorted by date.

73 Kevin, N9VPV

I am trying to sort ACL v6.7 log by Date / Time to export just a select range of recent ones (all contact since N5QJ) - I normally do this by just Rec# order. But I realized sorting by date field is more correct as the Rec# is NOT always the same order as contact date/time.

However, when I click the header field to do so, I now see the sorting is in error. It seems to not take in account the YEAR in the sort - thus is not truly sorting correctly...   (Example below)

Is it just me?  Can someone confirm?

73, Tim  KD6HOF

Tim Thorson

Thanks for the info.

73, Tim  KD6HOF

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 6:17 AM Kevin Gray <n9vpv@...> wrote:

Tim,

Yep, it’s just you.

If you click “File>Sort Log on Date” instead of clicking the header, the files Will be sorted by date.

73 Kevin, N9VPV

I am trying to sort ACL v6.7 log by Date / Time to export just a select range of recent ones (all contact since N5QJ) - I normally do this by just Rec# order. But I realized sorting by date field is more correct as the Rec# is NOT always the same order as contact date/time.

However, when I click the header field to do so, I now see the sorting is in error. It seems to not take in account the YEAR in the sort - thus is not truly sorting correctly...   (Example below)

Is it just me?  Can someone confirm?

73, Tim  KD6HOF

WA7WS

Thanks for that.. I was having the same problem and there was a mis order.. despite the fact that I just started using ACL a bit over a month ago.  I'll try this in the future and see how it goes.