ACL Sort on Date/Time error/bug? v 6.7

Tim Thorson

All,

I am trying to sort ACL v6.7 log by Date / Time to export just a select range of recent ones (all contact since N5QJ) - I normally do this by just Rec# order. But I realized sorting by date field is more correct as the Rec# is NOT always the same order as contact date/time.

However, when I click the header field to do so, I now see the sorting is in error. It seems to not take in account the YEAR in the sort - thus is not truly sorting correctly...   (Example below)

Is it just me?  Can someone confirm?

image.png

73, Tim  KD6HOF

Kevin Gray

Tim,

Yep, it’s just you.

If you click “File>Sort Log on Date” instead of clicking the header, the files Will be sorted by date.

73 Kevin, N9VPV

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim Thorson
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 7:18 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACL Sort on Date/Time error/bug? v 6.7

All,

I am trying to sort ACL v6.7 log by Date / Time to export just a select range of recent ones (all contact since N5QJ) - I normally do this by just Rec# order. But I realized sorting by date field is more correct as the Rec# is NOT always the same order as contact date/time.

However, when I click the header field to do so, I now see the sorting is in error. It seems to not take in account the YEAR in the sort - thus is not truly sorting correctly...   (Example below)

73, Tim  KD6HOF

Tim Thorson

Thanks for the info.

73, Tim  KD6HOF

On Wed, Dec 23, 2020 at 6:17 AM Kevin Gray <n9vpv@...> wrote:

Tim,

Yep, it’s just you.

If you click “File>Sort Log on Date” instead of clicking the header, the files Will be sorted by date.

73 Kevin, N9VPV

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Tim Thorson
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2020 7:18 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] ACL Sort on Date/Time error/bug? v 6.7

All,

73, Tim  KD6HOF

WA7WS

Thanks for that.. I was having the same problem and there was a mis order.. despite the fact that I just started using ACL a bit over a month ago.  I'll try this in the future and see how it goes.