DX Spotting

Fred K2DFC

You can log into the same spotting node with more then one connection. Just change your login callsign.
K2DFC
K2DFC-1
K2DFC-2

I've used this many times during contests. You can also have different filters set for each one if you want.

--
Fred
K2DFC

James Goff

Scott:  I apologize for misleading you. I need to write more clearly.  The DX Spotting, through VE7CC's CCUser, does populate the DX Spotting Form and the lower DX form on the main AR Log form. What is NOT working is the function provided by CC User whereby its display can filter by band and then by selecting a "GET 40" function- for example(i.e. 40-meter stations)- the filtered data is instantly present in the ARLog DX form.

As of right now, I am in touch with Lee Swakins at VE7CC pursuing a solution with him. 

BTW: Your YouTube on DX Spotting and Filtering was very useful.

73, W1JHG

On Sat, Dec 26, 2020 at 8:16 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your follow up.  Since you referenced the lower grid specifically, it sounds like you are connected to the telnet host and seeing DX Spots on the setup form, but not on the main form's lower grid, as you said.  If I've interpreted your reply correctly, correct your filter settings in AC Log.

If you are connected, but not seeing spots on the set up form either, correct you filter settings at the Telnet host.

If you are not connected to the Telnet host at all, correct your connection settings and also verify that your Internet protection software isn't blocking the connect request from AC Log.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Dec 24, 2020 3:23 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] DX Spotting

Scott: Changed Telnet Host, DX Spotting, but not displaying multiple stations results in lower grid as before........sorry to be back at you!

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 2:45 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  If one PC has hold of a local port, it will not be available for the second PC to connect.  Use a different Telnet host for your second PC.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Sent: Thu, Dec 24, 2020 1:50 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] DX Spotting

Two radios, side-by-side, same exact settings, DX spotting on one radio works perfectly; on the second radio,  attempts return error message  "attempting to connect to 127.0.0.1on port 7300" at each try. This is a new issue as I have not had difficulty in the past.

--
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

--
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

--
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Scott Davis

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your follow up.  Since you referenced the lower grid specifically, it sounds like you are connected to the telnet host and seeing DX Spots on the setup form, but not on the main form's lower grid, as you said.  If I've interpreted your reply correctly, correct your filter settings in AC Log.

If you are connected, but not seeing spots on the set up form either, correct you filter settings at the Telnet host.

If you are not connected to the Telnet host at all, correct your connection settings and also verify that your Internet protection software isn't blocking the connect request from AC Log.

Enjoy and Merry Christmas!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Thu, Dec 24, 2020 3:23 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] DX Spotting

Scott: Changed Telnet Host, DX Spotting, but not displaying multiple stations results in lower grid as before........sorry to be back at you!

On Thu, Dec 24, 2020 at 2:45 PM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  If one PC has hold of a local port, it will not be available for the second PC to connect.  Use a different Telnet host for your second PC.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Two radios, side-by-side, same exact settings, DX spotting on one radio works perfectly; on the second radio,  attempts return error message  "attempting to connect to 127.0.0.1on port 7300" at each try. This is a new issue as I have not had difficulty in the past.

--
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

--
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

James Goff

Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

--
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

--
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

James Goff

Thank you, Scott, as always for your responses. Separate ports makes sense...too close to the “duh” factor here!  Merry and Blessed Christmas!

Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

--
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

--
i

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

--
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

James Goff

--
-Jim

James H. Goff
207-944-3297 (c)

Scott Davis

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your e-mail.  AC Log connects to one Telnet host at a time, but the sites I am familiar with (by no means all of them) appear to relay mostly the same data.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Dec 22, 2020 3:38 pm

I thought I saw something someplace where I could configure the DX Spotting to poll multiple sites and display all of the results on 1 form.  Am I correct this is now a feature?  Is it documented someplace so I can set it up?  I'm currently on v6.7

Thanks!

Bill Grover, N3EYF

Bill Grover

I thought I saw something someplace where I could configure the DX Spotting to poll multiple sites and display all of the results on 1 form.  Am I correct this is now a feature?  Is it documented someplace so I can set it up?  I'm currently on v6.7

Thanks!

Bill Grover, N3EYF