LotW Status Display

Jim Hamlin

I'm a bit confused as to LotW status shown on my main screen.  My colors selected are:
Sent = Green
Received = Red
Sent & Received = Blue

None of my qso line items ever show up in red, and immediately after I upload new qso's to LotW, the ones that just were uploaded still appear in black.  I'm sure I'm missing something here.

PS: I just connected my radio to N3FJP and love'n it!

Lou Everett, Sr. <loueverettsr@...>

After you uploaded it to LoTW, did you download to ACL using "All Since?"

Lou WA5LOU

On Mon, Dec 21, 2020 at 2:39 PM Jim Hamlin <Jhamlin2015@...> wrote:
I'm a bit confused as to LotW status shown on my main screen.  My colors selected are:
Sent = Green
Received = Red
Sent & Received = Blue

None of my qso line items ever show up in red, and immediately after I upload new qso's to LotW, the ones that just were uploaded still appear in black.  I'm sure I'm missing something here.

PS: I just connected my radio to N3FJP and love'n it!

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You won't see a red QSO from your LoTW downloads, as only records you upload (Sent) are returned from LoTW.

This explains why newly uploaded QSOs are black:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q32

I'm a bit confused as to LotW status shown on my main screen.  My colors selected are:
Sent = Green
Received = Red
Sent & Received = Blue

None of my qso line items ever show up in red, and immediately after I upload new qso's to LotW, the ones that just were uploaded still appear in black.  I'm sure I'm missing something here.

PS: I just connected my radio to N3FJP and love'n it!

Jim Hamlin

Thanx for the insight.  I've just connected my rig to N3FJP and have stopped manual logging so it's time to get a proven back up and restore procedure in place.  I'd like to use a permanent usb thumbdrive for this purpose, but need help on how to set this up.  Ie, how to link it to the logger, then how to do a recovery or restore.  Any details you might point me to?  I'm running windows 7 and not very good at moving files around.

Thanks for your e-mail.  You won't see a red QSO from your LoTW downloads, as only records you upload (Sent) are returned from LoTW.

This explains why newly uploaded QSOs are black:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q32

I'm a bit confused as to LotW status shown on my main screen.  My colors selected are:
Sent = Green
Received = Red
Sent & Received = Blue

None of my qso line items ever show up in red, and immediately after I upload new qso's to LotW, the ones that just were uploaded still appear in black.  I'm sure I'm missing something here.

PS: I just connected my radio to N3FJP and love'n it!

Pat Whelton

Hi Jim.  You will probably get other responses but here’s one way to do what you ask:

  • FILE
  • BACKUP OPTIONS
  • Write a permanent backup of your log each time you close the program to:
  • Fill in the blank with the location of your thumb drive.  In my situation its:  G:\My Documents\ACLog-Backup

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J

[...]

Jim Shorney

Even better, use two or more thumb drives and rotate them. Always keep one of them off-site.

73

-Jim
NU0C

Get Outlook for Android <https://aka.ms/ghei36>

_____

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
<N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> > on
behalf of Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io
Thanks for your e-mail. You won't see a red QSO from your LoTW downloads,
as only records you upload (Sent) are returned from LoTW.

This explains why newly uploaded QSOs are black:

<http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q32> I uploaded records to LoTW but they
aren't marked as sent?

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q32

http://www.n3fjp.com <http://www.n3fjp.com/>

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging
software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks
you to give the reason for <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm> the hope that
you have <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm> . But do this with gentleness and
respect...

I'm a bit confused as to LotW status shown on my main screen. My colors
selected are:

Sent = Green

Received = Red

Sent & Received = Blue

None of my qso line items ever show up in red, and immediately after I
upload new qso's to LotW, the ones that just were uploaded still appear in
black. I'm sure I'm missing something here.

PS: I just connected my radio to N3FJP and love'n it!

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your follow up.  You bet, use this procedure here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q49

And if you ever do have to restore from backup, this will get you going:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q57

Enjoy, and Merry Christmas!

[...]

Patrick Hung

What about backing up to Microsoft OneDrive?

Patrick, W2TAR

Jim Shorney

You could do that. I have mine pointed to Dropbox.

73

-Jim
NU0C