Topics

LOTW Not Receiving QSO Upload

Mike Olbrisch

You are most welcome sir.  I’m happy it was only a delay issue and not anything else.

Have a SUPER day !!!

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

An EXIT is really an ENTRANCE to someplace new.

Second, I just checked and all the QSOs are there!
I learned  about the queue status link and that I need to be patient!!
Thanks Scott for the great logging/contest programs.
Thank you again.
Merry Christmas
73 Paul

Paul Matthews

Good evening all.

First, thank you to all that responded.
Second, I just checked and all the QSOs are there!
I learned  about the queue status link and that I need to be patient!!
Thanks Scott for the great logging/contest programs.
Thank you again.
Merry Christmas
73 Paul

Lou Everett, Sr. <loueverettsr@...>

Right now it is over 13 hours behind uploads.  We just have to be patient.  Its hard, I know, cuz I want to see mine in LoTW, too
It will come.

Lou WA5LLOU

On Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 9:38 AM Larry Banks via groups.io <larryb.w1dyj=verizon.net@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Paul,

The queue has been running around 12 hours since the weekend.  (You can check the queue from the LoTW page in ACLog – lower right.  click on “LoTW Status.”)

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2020 6:14

Hello
Several months ago my computer crashed and died. I did have all of the QSO data save.
I download the latest version of TQSL.
I requested a new LOTW certificate, it is installed and all appears correct concerning the certificate (I have the gold ribbon).
I used the N3FJP LOTW function to upload all contacts " not uploaded". I received the message for 0 when has always meant no issues.
I went to the LOTW website to look at All QSOS but there is nothing new uploaded. I uploaded them last night so there has been about 8 hours to process.
I went through the help file and followed the instructions.
Any ideas?
73 Paul

Larry Banks

Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2020 6:14

Hello
Several months ago my computer crashed and died. I did have all of the QSO data save.
I download the latest version of TQSL.
I requested a new LOTW certificate, it is installed and all appears correct concerning the certificate (I have the gold ribbon).
I used the N3FJP LOTW function to upload all contacts " not uploaded". I received the message for 0 when has always meant no issues.
I went to the LOTW website to look at All QSOS but there is nothing new uploaded. I uploaded them last night so there has been about 8 hours to process.
I went through the help file and followed the instructions.
Any ideas?
73 Paul
_._,_._,_

Mike Olbrisch

Good morning Paul.

The golden ribbon indicates that you have a valid certificate.  So that part sounds OK.  I personally have never used the “ALL CONTACTS NOT UPLOADED” function.  This is because I have at least ½-dozen certificates and something close to 100 portable locations saved, and I always fear it is possible to select the wrong stuff.  I select the QSOs by clicking on the ones I want to upload (either control-click or shift click) and then select the location for the upload.

You say you waited 8 hours and you still did not see your QSOs.  Have you checked since then?  Over the past few days the Log Processing Que has been anything from about 10+ hours to approaching 14 hours to get your log input processed.  BTW, you can see the LoTW process back-log by having a look here, the top line is the latest update, but you can see the last 12 hours there:

http://www.arrl.org/logbook-queue-status

The one thing you do not want to do is to reload your log input.  Looking at the Que status right now, if you uploaded 8 hours ago you still have another 5 hours to wait before your log shows up.  If you re-upload now, the file that was previously input is over-written and you begin at the bottom again, another 13 hours.

Just as an op-note, after any contest and especially after any major contest, there is a huge back-up of logs waiting to be processed.  If you think 14 hours is a lot, wait until Field Day!

Check again, and report back what you find.  Best of luck sir…

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

An EXIT is really an ENTRANCE to someplace new.

Several months ago my computer crashed and died. I did have all of the QSO data save.
I download the latest version of TQSL.
I requested a new LOTW certificate, it is installed and all appears correct concerning the certificate (I have the gold ribbon).
I used the N3FJP LOTW function to upload all contacts " not uploaded". I received the message for 0 when has always meant no issues.
I went to the LOTW website to look at All QSOS but there is nothing new uploaded. I uploaded them last night so there has been about 8 hours to process.
I went through the help file and followed the instructions.
Any ideas?
73 Paul

Scott Davis

Hi Paul,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I understand LoTW had a significant backlog and then went down for a time.  Once LoTW is back up and has processed your QSOs, you will see them on line and be able to download them from AC Log, so that they are then marked as sent.