Topics

Callbook-QRZ Internet Lookup

Bill Parris

Have a subscription to QRZ.  Have a valid Username and password.  I entered this info into the Callbook QRZ Internet Lookup block.  Check Enable QRZ Internet Lookup.

However when the contact info is transferred to AC Log, the only extra info I get is the state and grid.  Do not get Name, County.  What am I missing?  I am, and have been using for a long time, JT Alert

Thanks,

Bill, AA4R

Scott Davis

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you've run into trouble.  Make sure you only have one call book data source selected.

Aside from the option to put the address in the Comments field on the main form (Callbook > Place Retrieved Address in Comments Field), the only settings in AC Log related to QRZ Online lookup are:

-  A valid QRZ UserName
-  A valid QRZ Password
- The check box checked to Enable QRZ Internet Lookup
-  Make sure no other callbook lookup options are selected.

In addition:

-  You'll need to set your Windows Protection and / or Internet protection software to allow AC Log to access the Internet
-  A QRZ subscription in good standing

Also, make sure that you don't have any unusual characters in your user name or password.  If you stick to letters and numbers you will be fine.

That's all there is to it and there isn't anything else to change or set.  I haven't had any other reports of problems, so if you continue to have trouble, please try reentering your user name and password and then double check your account status with the QRZ folks.