Great software, but I have a question

Joseph Miller

Hello Scott,

I have been using your software since about 2008, and I will admit, underutilizing it... After a little time well spent with your website, and my Icom 7410 manual,, and a couple of false starts, I finally figured out the rig interface. It works like a charm, I am very pleased.

Now to get ready for Sweepstakes, and this is the voice of someone who can forget to change bands when entering QSOs into the Contest Logger, I see I have to enter the settings in that software also. No problem.

The only problem anywhere that I see is that I will not be able to operate ACLog and Sweepstakes at the same time on the same computer, as there will be a Comport setting issue. I ask this because if I hear a special event station during the contest, sometimes I will take a break, make contact, and go back to the contest.

If there is no easy answer, that's fine. Just wanted to express my gratitude for the effort that you put into your software.

vy 73 es gud luck,
Joe KJ8O (now in Southern California)

--
***  Avoid internet congestion, real radio uses airwaves.  ***

Joe Miller, KJ8O
Desert Hot Springs, CA
Locator DM13sw

Scott Thayer <w7sot700@...>

This might help you - I know all about the comm port issues, I also run Win4Icom with my radio, and also use com0com to make virtual comm ports, which get put into win4icom - I am sure there is going to be a way to use virtual comm ports to make everything work together - and may even be a free solution https://sourceforge.net/projects/com0com/, I have 8 virtual comm ports, which allows me to have all my apps all up and working and full cat control over the radio, in whatever app I happen to be in - works like a charm.

Let me know if you need any more info.

Scott, W7SOT

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020 at 6:08 PM Joseph Miller <kj8o.ham@...> wrote:
[...]

AI3KS

Joe,

You can run multiple programs. On the API settings page, enable the top box on ACLog and the bottom box on the contest logger. That will allow AClog to control the rig (and winkeyer if you have one) and also pass that on to the contest program. You can program the CW function keys in the contest log and send them via the API to ACLog and on to the winkey.

I have done this on those weekends when there are multiple state QSO parties.

Hope this makes some kind of sense

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/11/18 21:08, Joseph Miller wrote:
[...]

Gary

It does

Thanks!

Joe kk0sd

[...]

John Huber

Joe / KJ8O,

Hi from MIchigan!.  I think the absolute BEST way to use ACLog and any of Scott's contest modules is to set up the contest module to use the API to ACLog for rig control.  That eliminates having to configure rig control in the contest program.  In the Settings->Rig Interface under Rig select the "N3FJP API" and then Settings->Application Programming Interface fill in the Client section at the bottom.   When i have used this path it works like a dream, although I think I have only done it with CW contests so I can't confirm it will work with voice keyer type stuff in a SSB event.  Others probably have done that.

I hope you get it sorted before the SS.

73,  John / N8FYL

Joseph Miller

John, Scott, Gary and anyone else I may have missed.

You guys are the best. I think I'll skip the API part in this contest, but certainly will experiment with it in the next week or two.

I operate Field Day and Winter Field Day with a local club and use a lap top computer when I do. But I can see the benefit of the API when working contests from home.

On a side note, during the week I am working the POTA stations. It's really nice to just enter a call sign, signal report and Park Number and then hit enter.

Thanks again for all the great info and best of luck.

Vy 73 de Joe