IC7000 and ACL Keyer Interface

Jeff Freedman

In his discussion of CW keyer interfaces, Scott mentions “modern” Icom rigs (7610, 7300) as not needing an external keying device. Is the IC7000 considered “modern,” and if so, where does the USB cable connect to the rig, please.

thanks
--
Jeff Freedman, K7JF
Gig Harbor, Washington

Scott Davis

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm not familiar at all with the 7000, so I can't speak to its menu tree to enable DTR keying, but if it has a USB port, it should be evident on the rig.