Topics

Linux Mint 20

Walter

Hello All,

My Windows 7 PC died so I have switched to Linux Mint 20 with Wine.

I have loaded the ACLOG and it opens and has registered.

I have a backed up copy of my log but when I try to load it I get and Error 0  It says it "cannot find table 0"

What do I need to do to get this to work?

Also I cannot connect the rig.  However FlRig and Fldigi both connect to my rig so I know the connection is possible.  Of course the Com ports in Wine do not match the selections needed for Linux

Has anyone succeeded in connecting to their rig in the ACLog on linux?
Is there a way to get the data through FlRig as Fldigi does?

Thanks for your comments  and help

Walter W9KJO

Scott Davis

Hi Walter,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I don't know the first thing about Linux myself, but there is some information that may help here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q59

On Fri, Nov 6, 2020 at 09:40 AM, Scott Davis wrote:
Hi Walter,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I don't know the first thing about Linux myself, but there is some information that may help here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q59

In this reply the link brings up a list of three options for installing the logging software.  In Linux Mint 20 I used

"On 1/20/2020, Bill, WA7NCL sent along these step by step, detailed instructions for running the new (since 2014) .Net versions of my software on Linux Wine."

This one runs the logging software and loads my logging data.

Be careful of the one encouraging you to load WineHQ.  The SDRplay folks told me to do that to get SDRUno going and it broke my system.  Be Warned.

Walter W9KJO

Walter

Now I just need help to get the Software to connect to my radio.

FlRig connects to my Radio.  The problem is in the N3FJP rig control it dos not show the Linux com ports.

Does anyone know how to make this connection in Linux Mint 20?

Walter W9KJO 73