Topics

NYQP logging problems

k3ckoham@...

A new Jersey
.ham was logged as being in Botswana.
kept dropping band, mode, and poer info.
mode kept switching to ssb or phone in CW contest.
There is no command to write a Cabrillo file in the File settings or any where else I could not submit my contest file.
My software is version 6.5. is there something newer?

Scott Davis

Hi KC3KO,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you ran into trouble.  It sounds like you were trying to use Amateur Contact Log instead of the proper contest program, which in this case would have been the NY QSO Party contest software.  AC Log is a general logging program that was not designed with contesting in mind.

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q53

Please always be sure to use the proper contest log for each contest.  If you check this pre contest checklist before each contest, that will keep you on the right track going forward:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/contestchecklist.html

You will find the NY QSO Party here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/stateqsoparty.html

kept dropping band, mode, and poer info.
mode kept switching to ssb or phone in CW contest.
There is no command to write a Cabrillo file in the File settings or any where else I could not submit my contest file.
My software is version 6.5. is there something newer?

Larry Banks

Hi Name/Call?

The current NYQP program is version 2.0.  ACLog is not designed to be a contest program.  This may be the cause of your issues.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ