Topics

more 4k monitor woes

Scott Davis

Thanks for the good information Chris!

From: Chris Prosser via groups.io <chris@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Oct 6, 2020 12:02 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] more 4k monitor woes

The menu offset and shrinkage still occurs at 100%. The monitor is landscape. But then the Awards dialog doesn’t have the correct layout, elements overlap and it’s unusable.

my setup is a multi monitor stress test (somewhat intentionally). The left monitor is secondary and offset, like  |—.  So that means it’s coordinate space is negative and it’s origin is completely negative. The two monitors also have different scales, 150% on the left and 200% on the center.

thanks for the quick response,
chris

Chris Prosser

The menu offset and shrinkage still occurs at 100%. The monitor is landscape. But then the Awards dialog doesn’t have the correct layout, elements overlap and it’s unusable.

my setup is a multi monitor stress test (somewhat intentionally). The left monitor is secondary and offset, like  |—.  So that means it’s coordinate space is negative and it’s origin is completely negative. The two monitors also have different scales, 150% on the left and 200% on the center.

thanks for the quick response,
chris

Jay

Chris,
I too see the same issues with my 4K monitors; the awards dialog box, the LOTW upload screen, and the VHF contest software all look similar to your pic of the awards dialog box.
The only way to fix it was to blow it up almost to the full size of the monitor, which takes up entirely too much room - My plan to move to 4K was to see more things on the monitor at once, not less - so I am still dealing with how to position the logging software and still see everything else. All of my monitors run the same resolution and settings. AClogs visual elements don't scale well on 4K.

- Jay N1AV

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 6:54 AM Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Chris,

I would be curious if the problem persists at 100% in landscape mode?

I am at a loss on the top level menus being one size and the sub level menus being another.