Topics

CAQP Counties

Mel Marcus

I had a minor problem with the CAQP out of state. It is not stop me from working the contest.

the county field would not take the abbreviation so i had to enter the full name of the county. did i do something foolish.

Mel
NE9A

Scott Davis

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you ran into trouble.  It worked fine here, I can't duplicate what you describe and there were no changes from previous years.  Please provide a specific example of an abbreviation you are unable to enter.

Thanks!

I had a minor problem with the CAQP out of state. It is not stop me from working the contest.

the county field would not take the abbreviation so i had to enter the full name of the county. did i do something foolish.

Mel
NE9A

W4SSF

It should convert the full name counties to the right 4 digit abbreviations when you make your cabrillo file.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 8:52 PM Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:
I had a minor problem with the CAQP out of state. It is not stop me from working the contest.

the county field would not take the abbreviation so i had to enter the full name of the county. did i do something foolish.

Mel
NE9A

K8TS

I had some minor problems with counties also.  I have them written down.   I will try to recreate them today.  It also had to do with the county code.

Dale K8TS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

It should convert the full name counties to the right 4 digit abbreviations when you make your cabrillo file.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 8:52 PM Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:

I had a minor problem with the CAQP out of state. It is not stop me from working the contest.

the county field would not take the abbreviation so i had to enter the full name of the county. did i do something foolish.

Mel

NE9A

Mel Marcus

Scott

NOt a big deal. when i entered the 4  character abbreviation it did not take. I had to put in the whole string.

Mel

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you ran into trouble.  It worked fine here, I can't duplicate what you describe and there were no changes from previous years.  Please provide a specific example of an abbreviation you are unable to enter.

Thanks!

I had a minor problem with the CAQP out of state. It is not stop me from working the contest.

the county field would not take the abbreviation so i had to enter the full name of the county. did i do something foolish.

Mel
NE9A

Mel Marcus

Stan

It did that. but I thought when we were logging the call, all i had to do was enter the abbreviation and it would change it to the full name

Mel

It should convert the full name counties to the right 4 digit abbreviations when you make your cabrillo file.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 8:52 PM Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:
I had a minor problem with the CAQP out of state. It is not stop me from working the contest.

the county field would not take the abbreviation so i had to enter the full name of the county. did i do something foolish.

Mel
NE9A

AI3KS

Mel,

Under settings, do you have "Use Abbreviations to Autofill County" checked?

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/10/05 10:56, Mel Marcus wrote:
Stan

It did that. but I thought when we were logging the call, all i had to do was enter the abbreviation and it would change it to the full name

Mel
It should convert the full name counties to the right 4 digit abbreviations when you make your cabrillo file.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 8:52 PM Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:
I had a minor problem with the CAQP out of state. It is not stop me from working the contest.

the county field would not take the abbreviation so i had to enter the full name of the county. did i do something foolish.

Mel
NE9A

W4SSF

Ya I did the same thing but I just ended up clicking on the county and worked the qso. I figured that I could change things after the contest was over knowing I wouldn't have that many entries. I called a friend and told him of the problem after my first qso and he said don't worry about it, that it would convert to the right format when I made my cabrillo file. What a relief lol.

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 10:57 AM Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:
Stan

It did that. but I thought when we were logging the call, all i had to do was enter the abbreviation and it would change it to the full name

Mel
It should convert the full name counties to the right 4 digit abbreviations when you make your cabrillo file.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 8:52 PM Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:
I had a minor problem with the CAQP out of state. It is not stop me from working the contest.

the county field would not take the abbreviation so i had to enter the full name of the county. did i do something foolish.

Mel
NE9A

Scott Davis

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your follow up.  Please provide a specific example of an abbreviation that the software would not accept.

Thanks in advance.

NOt a big deal. when i entered the 4  character abbreviation it did not take. I had to put in the whole string.

Mel
Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you ran into trouble.  It worked fine here, I can't duplicate what you describe and there were no changes from previous years.  Please provide a specific example of an abbreviation you are unable to enter.

Thanks!

I had a minor problem with the CAQP out of state. It is not stop me from working the contest.

the county field would not take the abbreviation so i had to enter the full name of the county. did i do something foolish.

Mel
NE9A

Mel Marcus

Scott

I did not know there was a checkbox to do autofill for the counties.  I am going to check it out.

[...]

When I check that box it will take the abbreviation but does not autofill the whole county name

Mel

It should convert the full name counties to the right 4 digit abbreviations when you make your cabrillo file.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 8:52 PM Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:
I had a minor problem with the CAQP out of state. It is not stop me from working the contest.

the county field would not take the abbreviation so i had to enter the full name of the county. did i do something foolish.

Mel
NE9A

Scott Davis

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your follow up.  That check box only controls whether you want the software to auto fill by name or abbreviation.  The software will accept the full name or abbreviation either way.

When I check that box it will take the abbreviation but does not autofill the whole county name

Mel

It should convert the full name counties to the right 4 digit abbreviations when you make your cabrillo file.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 8:52 PM Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:
I had a minor problem with the CAQP out of state. It is not stop me from working the contest.

the county field would not take the abbreviation so i had to enter the full name of the county. did i do something foolish.

Mel
NE9A

Mel Marcus

Scott

Ok the box is unchecked , so when I put in SBEN , also tried SLUI for San Luis Obispo, and the didnot work either. what I think I am hearing is that it should fill the box with San Bernadeno. That does not happen. Am I missing a concept here.

Mel
NE9A

Thanks for your follow up.  That check box only controls whether you want the software to auto fill by name or abbreviation.  The software will accept the full name or abbreviation either way.

When I check that box it will take the abbreviation but does not autofill the whole county name

Mel

It should convert the full name counties to the right 4 digit abbreviations when you make your cabrillo file.

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 8:52 PM Mel Marcus <melm@...> wrote:
I had a minor problem with the CAQP out of state. It is not stop me from working the contest.

the county field would not take the abbreviation so i had to enter the full name of the county. did i do something foolish.

Mel
NE9A

Scott Davis

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your follow up.  It doesn't matter whether you type the full county name or the abbreviation.  The program will accept the entry either way.

Both abbreviations you sent along work fine:

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Capture3.JPG

All is well.