Topics

Problem importing files to ACLog from N1MM+

Bainbridge Cowell

I regularly use N3FJP logger programs, but have just started using N1MM+ for the K1USN Slow Speed Test with the User Defined Contest module downloaded from the K1USN website.  It worked well and I exported a Cabrillo file showing all the information.  When I exported the same log in .adi format, then imported it into ACLog (the N3FJP program I use as a master logger), the QSOs showed up in ACLog missing an important data field:  the state/province/country (SPC) abbreviation.  I had to edit each QSO record to fill in the SPC data.

Is there any way to avoid this problem the next time I export/import files into ACLog?  Manual editing of each QSO record is a bother!

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Bain, K8LBQ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Larry Banks

Hi Bain,

Check your .adi file to see if that information is present.  I suspect the issue is with the export, not the import.  ACLog can only input what is in the .adi file.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 11:15
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Problem importing files to ACLog from N1MM+

I regularly use N3FJP logger programs, but have just started using N1MM+ for the K1USN Slow Speed Test with the User Defined Contest module downloaded from the K1USN website.  It worked well and I exported a Cabrillo file showing all the information.  When I exported the same log in .adi format, then imported it into ACLog (the N3FJP program I use as a master logger), the QSOs showed up in ACLog missing an important data field:  the state/province/country (SPC) abbreviation.  I had to edit each QSO record to fill in the SPC data.

Is there any way to avoid this problem the next time I export/import files into ACLog?  Manual editing of each QSO record is a bother!

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Bain, K8LBQ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mitch NW0M

Bain,

After the import, select all of the K1USN QSO records from the Recent Contacts main list, Click Edit from the top menu bar, click Fill Fields Determined by Call, click Selected Records.  That will populate missing fields such as state.

You have to have a CallBook lookup source like QRZ, free AC Log Calldata, etc. for this to work.

73, Mitch
NWØM

Bainbridge Cowell

Mitch,

Thanks for this idea, which I’ll try next time I use N1MM+ and transfer the log data to ACLog.  In my ACLog I have activated both HamCall and QRZ, so this should work.

Bain

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

After the import, select all of the K1USN QSO records from the Recent Contacts main list, Click Edit from the top menu bar, click Fill Fields Determined by Call, click Selected Records.  That will populate missing fields such as state.

You have to have a CallBook lookup source like QRZ, free AC Log Calldata, etc. for this to work.

73, Mitch
NWØM

Bainbridge Cowell

Larry,

When I exported the log from N1MM in Cabrillo format, the information was complete, including SPC data.

In any case, Mitch NW0M has suggested a fix to the problem using a function in ACLog under Edit where you can fill in missing data automatically from Callbook, QRZ, HamCall or other internet databases.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Bain

Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2020 11:15

I regularly use N3FJP logger programs, but have just started using N1MM+ for the K1USN Slow Speed Test with the User Defined Contest module downloaded from the K1USN website.  It worked well and I exported a Cabrillo file showing all the information.  When I exported the same log in .adi format, then imported it into ACLog (the N3FJP program I use as a master logger), the QSOs showed up in ACLog missing an important data field:  the state/province/country (SPC) abbreviation.  I had to edit each QSO record to fill in the SPC data.

Is there any way to avoid this problem the next time I export/import files into ACLog?  Manual editing of each QSO record is a bother!

I would appreciate any suggestions.

Bain, K8LBQ

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Mitch NW0M

Bain,

Just to be clear HamCall and QRZ require a paid subscription service.  The ACLog free version needs a download and only includes USA and Canada calls the last time I checked  And you should only check ('activate') one of them.

73, Mitch
NWØM