Topics

Invalid entries? #fields

Dave - K7DCJ

What is an invalid entry in a QSO?

In Amateur Contact Log, AWARDS..., there is a checkbox "List only valid entries." If I check that, I get certain results when I "Calculate." If I uncheck that, I get different results.

How do I find the QSOs with invalid entries?

What fields in a QSO must be valid? Or, maybe the same question: What fields in a QSO make it invalid?

73,
Dave
K7DCJ

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Invalid entries are country spellings that don't match Jim's country list, state abbreviations outside the standard 50, etc.

In Amateur Contact Log, AWARDS..., there is a checkbox "List only valid entries."  If I check that, I get certain results when I "Calculate."  If I uncheck that, I get different results.

How do I find the QSOs with invalid entries?

What fields in a QSO must be valid?  Or, maybe the same question: What fields in a QSO make it invalid?

73,
Dave
K7DCJ

Dave - K7DCJ

Can you please give an all-inclusive list of what ACLog deems invalid?

How do I find them in ACLOG?

73,
Dave
K7DCJ

On Sep 12, 2020, at 2:43 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Invalid entries are country spellings that don't match Jim's country list, state abbreviations outside the standard 50, etc.

In Amateur Contact Log, AWARDS..., there is a checkbox "List only valid entries."  If I check that, I get certain results when I "Calculate."  If I uncheck that, I get different results.

How do I find the QSOs with invalid entries?

What fields in a QSO must be valid?  Or, maybe the same question: What fields in a QSO make it invalid?

73,
Dave
K7DCJ

Dave - K7DCJ

Where do I find this "Jim's country list, state abbreviations outside the standard 50, etc."

73,
Dave
K7DCJ

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your follow up.  States, counties and countries are all evaluated.  An all inclusive list of invalid entries would be infinite.  For example, A - ZZZZZZZZZZZ would all be invalid for country names, state abbreviations and county names (aside from the actual valid names / abbreviations), not to mention numerical values, special characters, etc.

AC Log doesn't have a function to list invalid entries at this time, but you can see the valid entries AC Log expects by viewing the Remaining  columns after clicking Calculate for a band for which you have no QSOs.

In Amateur Contact Log, AWARDS..., there is a checkbox "List only valid entries."  If I check that, I get certain results when I "Calculate."  If I uncheck that, I get different results.

How do I find the QSOs with invalid entries?

What fields in a QSO must be valid?  Or, maybe the same question: What fields in a QSO make it invalid?

73,
Dave
K7DCJ

Larry Banks

Hi Dave,

This is what you download every time you click: FILE >> Download Country Files from ADIC, which you should do every time Jim sends his email out to the group.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ