Topics

Invalid entries? #fields

Dave - K7DCJ

What is an invalid entry in a QSO?

In Amateur Contact Log, AWARDS..., there is a checkbox "List only valid entries." If I check that, I get certain results when I "Calculate." If I uncheck that, I get different results.

How do I find the QSOs with invalid entries?

What fields in a QSO must be valid? Or, maybe the same question: What fields in a QSO make it invalid?

Dave
K7DCJ

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Invalid entries are country spellings that don't match Jim's country list, state abbreviations outside the standard 50, etc.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Sep 12, 2020 5:31 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Invalid entries? #fields

In Amateur Contact Log, AWARDS..., there is a checkbox "List only valid entries."  If I check that, I get certain results when I "Calculate."  If I uncheck that, I get different results.

What fields in a QSO must be valid?  Or, maybe the same question: What fields in a QSO make it invalid?

Dave
K7DCJ

Dave - K7DCJ

Can you please give an all-inclusive list of what ACLog deems invalid?

How do I find them in ACLOG?

Dave
K7DCJ

On Sep 12, 2020, at 2:43 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Invalid entries are country spellings that don't match Jim's country list, state abbreviations outside the standard 50, etc.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

In Amateur Contact Log, AWARDS..., there is a checkbox "List only valid entries."  If I check that, I get certain results when I "Calculate."  If I uncheck that, I get different results.

What fields in a QSO must be valid?  Or, maybe the same question: What fields in a QSO make it invalid?

Dave
K7DCJ

Dave - K7DCJ

Where do I find this "Jim's country list, state abbreviations outside the standard 50, etc."

Dave
K7DCJ

Scott Davis

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your follow up.  States, counties and countries are all evaluated.  An all inclusive list of invalid entries would be infinite.  For example, A - ZZZZZZZZZZZ would all be invalid for country names, state abbreviations and county names (aside from the actual valid names / abbreviations), not to mention numerical values, special characters, etc.

AC Log doesn't have a function to list invalid entries at this time, but you can see the valid entries AC Log expects by viewing the Remaining  columns after clicking Calculate for a band for which you have no QSOs.  

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Sat, Sep 12, 2020 6:20 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Invalid entries? #fields

Can you please give an all-inclusive list of what ACLog deems invalid?

How do I find them in ACLOG?

Dave
K7DCJ

On Sep 12, 2020, at 2:43 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io <SNKDavis@...> wrote:

Hi Dave,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Dave
K7DCJ

Larry Banks

Hi Dave,

This is what you download every time you click: FILE >> Download Country Files from ADIC, which you should do every time Jim sends his email out to the group.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Saturday, September 12, 2020 23:35
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Invalid entries? #fields

Where do I find this "Jim's country list, state abbreviations outside the standard 50, etc."

Dave
K7DCJ

Dave - K7DCJ

Here is the answer to my question(s):

1) ACLog checks for invalid entries in the Countries, States, and Counties entries of a QSO.
2) ACLog does not have the capability to easily find/list invalid entries in QSOs.
3) You will find the valid, possible entries for:
a) Countries in Shared/ADIFCnt.txt
b) States in Shared/states.txt
c) Counties in ACLog/countie.txt

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Who is "Jim?" I am relatively new to this group and don't find any posting for "FILE >> Download Country Files from ADIC." Perhaps someone could give a link to the last time this occurred?

Thanks for the help.

Dave
K7DCJ

On 9/12/2020 2:31 PM, Dave - K7DCJ via groups.io wrote:
In Amateur Contact Log, AWARDS..., there is a checkbox "List only valid entries." If I check that, I get certain results when I "Calculate." If I uncheck that, I get different results.
What fields in a QSO must be valid? Or, maybe the same question: What fields in a QSO make it invalid?
Dave
K7DCJ

Jim Shorney

Here you go:

https://groups.io/g/N3FJPSoftwareUsers/message/43526

-Jim (not AD1C)
NU0C

On Sun, 13 Sep 2020 11:13:10 -0700
"Dave - K7DCJ via groups.io" <djenner8=mac.com@groups.io> wrote:

Who is "Jim?" I am relatively new to this group and don't find any
posting for "FILE >> Download Country Files from ADIC." Perhaps someone
could give a link to the last time this occurred?

Thanks for the help.

Dave
K7DCJ