Sent: Tuesday, September 01, 2020 15:53
To: n3fjp
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Interfacing Jt alert

Does anyone know why, when I double click on a call sign in the JT alert window it does not initiate the contact.
Brad
NØDPR

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

n0dpr@comcast.netLEhU9NJpW <n0dpr@...>

Doesn’t matter, it does nothing either way.
Brad

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

Does anyone know why, when I double click on a call sign in the JT alert window it does not initiate the contact.
Brad
NØDPR

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

Pat Whelton

Try CW.  Usually works great.  Lots of DX and pretty simple.  Just get a keyer and go to town.

Should fix your problem.

Doesn’t matter, it does nothing either way.
Brad

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

Does anyone know why, when I double click on a call sign in the JT alert window it does not initiate the contact.
Brad
NØDPR

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

Scott Davis

Hi Brad,

Thanks for your e-mail.  This is the N3FJP Software support group.  Your question is specific to JTAlert.  The JTAlert support group is here:

https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support

The folks on that group have more knowledge specific to JTAlert and will better be able to answer your JTAlert questions.

Doesn’t matter, it does nothing either way.
Brad

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

Thanks for your e-mail.  This is the N3FJP Software support group.  Your question is specific to JTAlert.  The JTAlert support group is here:

https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support

The folks on that group have more knowledge specific to JTAlert and will better be able to answer your JTAlert questions.

Doesn’t matter, it does nothing either way.
Brad

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

Does anyone know why, when I double click on a call sign in the JT alert window it does not initiate the contact.
Brad
NØDPR

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

n0dpr@comcast.netLEhU9NJpW <n0dpr@...>

It doesn’t work no matter what the stations status is.
Thanks

Sent from XFINITY Connect App

Does anyone know why, when I double click on a call sign in the JT alert window it does not initiate the contact.
Brad
NØDPR

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

JoAnn Donaldson

You don't click on the call in JTAlert. click on the Call in WSJT_X. It will send the call to JTAlert which will then send it to to the Logger.

JoAnn - AB8YZ

On Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 2:54:03 PM CDT, n0dpr@... <n0dpr@...> wrote:

Does anyone know why, when I double click on a call sign in the JT alert window it does not initiate the contact.
Brad
NØDPR

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

n0dpr@comcast.netLEhU9NJpW <n0dpr@...>

That’s the way mine works too, but I’ve seen videos where the user initiated the qso by clicking on the alert in JT alert, which actually makes sense, but my set up doesn’t work like that, and if it should I would prefer it. Anyone have input?
Brad

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

You don't click on the call in JTAlert. click on the Call in WSJT_X. It will send the call to JTAlert which will then send it to to the Logger.

JoAnn - AB8YZ

On Tuesday, September 1, 2020, 2:54:03 PM CDT, n0dpr@... <n0dpr@...> wrote:

Does anyone know why, when I double click on a call sign in the JT alert window it does not initiate the contact.
Brad
NØDPR

Sent from Xfinity Connect App

Ken Gunther

    On JTAlert you should single click on stations calling CQ.

            Ken WB2KWC