Topics

Change Font Size

John AJ1R

I found in settings how to change font sizes for most things.
For my old eyes, I would like to enlarge menu titles like the words - File, Edit, Settings, ...
Is there a way to do that?
\John AJ1R

Scott Davis

Hi John,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Sorry, there isn't a way to change the menu font at this time.

I'm sorry that I didn't have the answer that you were looking for.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Aug 23, 2020 2:09 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Change Font Size

I found in settings how to change font sizes for most things.
For my old eyes, I would like to enlarge menu titles like the words - File, Edit, Settings, ...
Is there a way to do that?
\John AJ1R

John AJ1R

Scott thanks for the quick response to  my question.  It is just a very small thing I can live with.  I am diabetic and the first symptom I had was a decline in my vision.  There is a visual aid feature in Windows called "Magnifier" that I can use if necessary.

Robert Johnston N9FB

Hi Scott, 

1. Is there any way to change the font of the TIME (UTC and local) -- they are too big right now and so get cut off at the bottom without fitting entirely in the field... 
(My display is a 20" monitor) 

2. I would also love to be able to make the 10-10 field wider so that it matches the width of the other fields, but can't find how to do that either. (apologies if i missed it)

3. Lastly, is there a way to choose "center" for a header like "Call" or Band?  I like to squeeze columns close together and centering the data keeps it from visually bleeding into adjacent columns . 

Thanks and 73, 
Rob N9FB 

Scott Davis

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Responses are inserted:

Sent: Sat, Oct 31, 2020 12:57 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Change Font Size

Hi Scott, 
1. Is there any way to change the font of the TIME (UTC and local) -- they are too big right now and so get cut off at the bottom without fitting entirely in the field... 
(My display is a 20" monitor) 

**Click Settings > Appearance > Colors and Fonts and then click this button to adjust the font size:

BearingFont.JPG

2. I would also love to be able to make the 10-10 field wider so that it matches the width of the other fields, but can't find how to do that either. (apologies if i missed it)

**  Sorry, the field widths are currently user customizable.

3. Lastly, is there a way to choose "center" for a header like "Call" or Band?  I like to squeeze columns close together and centering the data keeps it from visually bleeding into adjacent columns . 

**  Sorry, no, the alignment is currently customizable either.

Sorry I was only one for three in answers you were hoping for Rob.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Thanks and 73, 
Rob N9FB 

Robert Johnston N9FB

Hi Scott, 

Thanks for the reply.  I dont have that option (Change Main Form Font) you pointed me to... When i open Appearance > Colors & Fonts , here is what i see: '

please advise,
thanks Rob N9FB

Larry Banks

Hi Rob,

Are you running the latest version of ACLog?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Saturday, October 31, 2020 15:42

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the reply.  I dont have that option (Change Main Form Font) you pointed me to... When i open Appearance > Colors & Fonts , here is what i see: '

please advise,
thanks Rob N9FB

Scott Davis

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your follow up.  You'll find AC Log 6.7 here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/aclog.html

Upgrades are free to registered users.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Sent: Sat, Oct 31, 2020 3:42 pm

Hi Scott, 

please advise,
thanks Rob N9FB

Robert Johnston N9FB

Scott & Larry, 

Thank you for the head's up that upgrading to AC Log 6.7 yields the answer to my problem!
Eureka, I have found it! :-)

73 Rob N9FB ..