MULTIPLE LOGS

Phil Whitchurch <phil@...>

Hi there

I am a potential new user and established QSL manager.  I have been searching for an alternative to the Win-EQFlogging program that I have been using for over 25 years but which is no lomnger supported and does not work well under Windows 10.

I have downloaded and installed a trial version of AClog and at first sight, it seems to meet my requirements but I am not sure if I can import more than one ADI file.  I have something approaching 150 different log files for various DX callsigns that I need to be able to import and manage independently.

Can this be achieved please?

73 for now and TIA.

--
Phil Whitchurch
G3SWH and AD5YS

www.g3swh.org.uk

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

https://www.avg.com

Scott Davis

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Yes, first click File > New > New Database and create a new log file for the call sign of the ADIF file you are about to import.

Thanks for your interest in my software!

I am a potential new user and established QSL manager.  I have been
searching for an alternative to the Win-EQFlogging program that I have
been using for over 25 years but which is no lomnger supported and does
not work well under Windows 10.

I have downloaded and installed a trial version of AClog and at first
sight, it seems to meet my requirements but I am not sure if I can
import more than one ADI file.  I have something approaching 150
different log files for various DX callsigns that I need to be able to
import and manage independently.

Can this be achieved please?

73 for now and TIA.

--
Phil Whitchurch
G3SWH and AD5YS

www.g3swh.org.uk

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

Phil Whitchurch <phil@...>

Thanks Scott

So far, it all looks good.

Is there a way of making my primary log (G3SWH) the default on opening the program rather than have to select it each time please?

73 for now

Phil, G3SWH

On 16/08/2020 12:25, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your follow up.  AC Log always defaults to the last log open.

Thanks for your kind words on the software!

[...]

Jim Shorney

You could use a different Windows user account for your QSL manager activities as described here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q92

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Sun, 16 Aug 2020 18:38:25 +0100
"Phil Whitchurch" <phil@g3swh.org.uk> wrote:

Thanks Scott

So far, it all looks good.

Is there a way of making my primary log (G3SWH) the default on opening
the program rather than have to select it each time please?

73 for now

Phil, G3SWH

On 16/08/2020 12:25, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Phil,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Yes, first click File > New > New Database
and create a new log file for the call sign of the ADIF file you are
about to import.

Thanks for your interest in my software!

_http://www.n3fjp.com_ <http://www.n3fjp.com/>

/Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general
logging software since 1997./

1 Peter 3 vs 15: /Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who
asks you to give _the reason for <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>the
hope that you have <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>_. But do this with
gentleness and respect/...

I am a potential new user and established QSL manager.  I have been
searching for an alternative to the Win-EQFlogging program that I have
been using for over 25 years but which is no lomnger supported and does
not work well under Windows 10.

I have downloaded and installed a trial version of AClog and at first
sight, it seems to meet my requirements but I am not sure if I can
import more than one ADI file.  I have something approaching 150
different log files for various DX callsigns that I need to be able to
import and manage independently.

Can this be achieved please?

73 for now and TIA.

--
Phil Whitchurch
G3SWH and AD5YS

www.g3swh.org.uk

Work is the curse of the drinking classes.

https://www.avg.com <https://www.avg.com/>

Phil Whitchurch <phil@...>

Thanks for the suggestion Jim but with 150+ logs to work with, it looks a bit impractical.

73 for now

Phil, G3SWH

On 16/08/2020 19:05, Jim Shorney wrote:
[...]

I'll take that as a "no" then. :-)  In my experience, defaulting to the last used log leads to far too many errors of new QSOs being entered in the wrong log, which is why I prefer a nominated default.

Also, in view of K7GA's and your comments about the inability of the program to print batches of QSL labels, I'm beginning to think that your program is not for me.  However, I will continue to evaluate it for the time being.

73 for now

Phil, G3SWH

On 16/08/2020 18:53, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
[...]

I was thinking of one account to deal with all your manager work. Of course you would be using a different log file for each call, which is what you would be doing anyway. But your home configuration under your main account would remain unchanged.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 12:06:57 +0100
[...]

Thanks again Jim

Yes, I can see that as a possible work around but the major obstacle as far as I can see so far is the inability for the program to be able to print a batch of QSL labels for a single DX callsign.  As I said before, I've been using Win-EQF for many years but it is no longer supported and doesn't work well under Windows 10, which is why I'm looking for an alternative.  However, as far as QSL management is concerned, this is probably the most important feature of it.

73 for now

Phil

G3SWH

On 19/08/2020 02:19, Jim Shorney wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your follow up.  AC Log will print batches of labels.  Just multi select all the labels you wish to print and then click Print QSL Strip.

Thanks again for your interest!

Yes, I can see that as a possible work around but the major obstacle as
far as I can see so far is the inability for the program to be able to
print a batch of QSL labels for a single DX callsign.  As I said before,
I've been using Win-EQF for many years but it is no longer supported and
doesn't work well under Windows 10, which is why I'm looking for an
alternative.  However, as far as QSL management is concerned, this is
probably the most important feature of it.

73 for now

Phil

G3SWH

On 19/08/2020 02:19, Jim Shorney wrote:
> I was thinking of one account to deal with all your manager work. Of course you would be using a different log file for each call, which is what you would be doing anyway. But your home configuration under your main account would remain unchanged.
>
> 73
>
> -Jim
> NU0C
>
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 12:06:57 +0100
> "Phil Whitchurch" <phil@...> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the suggestion Jim but with 150+ logs to work with, it looks
>> a bit impractical.
>>
>> 73 for now
>>
>> Phil, G3SWH
>>
>> On 16/08/2020 19:05, Jim Shorney wrote:
>>> You could use a different Windows user account for your QSL manager activities as described here:
>>>
>>> http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q92
>>>
>>> 73
>>>
>>> -Jim
>>> NU0C

That seems to work OK but I see that the "standard" wording of the comment on the last row of the label has not been saved and I would not want to have to enter this every time.  Can this be made to save as a boiler plate text please?

Also, Is it possible to configure the QSL label to have (say) a different colour for the callsign, another for the text and a third for the Standard message please?

73 for now

Phil, G3SWH

On 19/08/2020 11:20, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
Hi Phil,

Thanks for your follow up.  AC Log will print batches of labels.  Just multi select all the labels you wish to print and then click Print QSL Strip.

Thanks again for your interest!

Yes, I can see that as a possible work around but the major obstacle as
far as I can see so far is the inability for the program to be able to
print a batch of QSL labels for a single DX callsign.  As I said before,
I've been using Win-EQF for many years but it is no longer supported and
doesn't work well under Windows 10, which is why I'm looking for an
alternative.  However, as far as QSL management is concerned, this is
probably the most important feature of it.

73 for now

Phil

G3SWH

On 19/08/2020 02:19, Jim Shorney wrote:
> I was thinking of one account to deal with all your manager work. Of course you would be using a different log file for each call, which is what you would be doing anyway. But your home configuration under your main account would remain unchanged.
>
> 73
>
> -Jim
> NU0C
>
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 12:06:57 +0100
> "Phil Whitchurch" <phil@...> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the suggestion Jim but with 150+ logs to work with, it looks
>> a bit impractical.
>>
>> 73 for now
>>
>> Phil, G3SWH
>>
>> On 16/08/2020 19:05, Jim Shorney wrote:
>>> You could use a different Windows user account for your QSL manager activities as described here:
>>>
>>> http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q92
>>>
>>> 73
>>>
>>> -Jim
>>> NU0C

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions Phil.  With all the other projects on my plate, I'm not planning to add color printing at this time.

Thanks again for your thoughts!

Yes, I can see that as a possible work around but the major obstacle as
far as I can see so far is the inability for the program to be able to
print a batch of QSL labels for a single DX callsign.  As I said before,
I've been using Win-EQF for many years but it is no longer supported and
doesn't work well under Windows 10, which is why I'm looking for an
alternative.  However, as far as QSL management is concerned, this is
probably the most important feature of it.

73 for now

Phil

G3SWH

On 19/08/2020 02:19, Jim Shorney wrote:
> I was thinking of one account to deal with all your manager work. Of course you would be using a different log file for each call, which is what you would be doing anyway. But your home configuration under your main account would remain unchanged.
>
> 73
>
> -Jim
> NU0C
>
> On Tue, 18 Aug 2020 12:06:57 +0100
> "Phil Whitchurch" <phil@...> wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the suggestion Jim but with 150+ logs to work with, it looks
>> a bit impractical.
>>
>> 73 for now
>>
>> Phil, G3SWH
>>
>> On 16/08/2020 19:05, Jim Shorney wrote:
>>> You could use a different Windows user account for your QSL manager activities as described here:
>>>
>>> http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q92
>>>
>>> 73
>>>
>>> -Jim
>>> NU0C

Have you looked at the BV software? It looks like it will do much of what you ask and will work with ADIF exports from ACL or any other logging software.

https://www.df3cb.com/bv/

73

-Jim
NU0C