From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io
Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 4:36 PM
To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Log entry

I noticed that there is No CANCEL function for the log entry. On other Loggers that I have used, you can enter the call sign of the other station and have it display data like which state it is in, country it is in, and etc. If for some reason you don't make a contact, you can click the CANCEL button and the Log Entry is now ready to accept another call. I use this function to see if that is a State or Country I need. If it is a State or Country that I don't need, I have found myself trying to clear the fields only to have it accidentally log the entry. Which now I have to delete. One FT8, I usually enter the station call when we first link together. If for some reason my Station sends RR73 and I don't get a 73 in response, I will usually send another RR73. If I still don't get a 73 back, I want to be able to CANCEL the contact in preparation of another contact or if I get into one of those endless back and forth where you keep swapping RST's and the contact bust, then I need to cleanly CANCEL the contact.

JoAnn - AB8YZ

_._,_._,_

John Carobine

I believe pressing the ESC key will clear the contact info without logging it.

WB8RFB

On Thursday, July 16, 2020, 04:36:24 PM CDT, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:

[...]

Larry Banks

Hi JoAnn,

I assume you are talking about ACLog.  Use the ESC key.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

Sent: Thursday, July 16, 2020 17:35

[...]

JoAnn Donaldson

Thank you all for that information. ESC does work.

JoAnn - AB8YZ

On Thursday, July 16, 2020, 4:36:24 PM CDT, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:

[...]

AE0JR

Alt C will also clear it

73,
Jim AE0JR

On Jul 16, 2020, at 4:36 PM, JoAnn Donaldson via groups.io <joannplano2005@...> wrote:

[...]

HamShack1@...

The “Clear” button at the top (4th from the left) does the trick for me.