From: Jimmy Tyree via groups.io <jimmy.tyree@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Sat, Jul 11, 2020 12:56 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] IARU Contest log

Log keeps defaulting to 15m? will not stay on any other bed. Have gone through setting and every tab I can find. Switch over to the daily ACL and it works fine?

Jimmy Tyree <jimmy.tyree@...>

Thanks I looked at FAqs but didn't see that

On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 1:00 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io
<SNKDavis@...> wrote:
Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your e-mail.  This FAQ will get you going (applies to band on the contest software as well):

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q24

Log keeps defaulting to 15m? will not stay on any other bed. Have gone through setting and every tab I can find. Switch over to the daily ACL and it works fine?

Michael WA7SKG

I had the same problem. Drove me nuts for a bit. Then I discovered I somehow had two instances of the contest log running. Closed everything down and restarted and worked fine after that.

Michael WA7SKG

<https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers&af_wl=ym&af_sub1=Internal&af_sub2=Global_YGrowth&af_sub3=EmailSignature>
<SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
Hi Jimmy,
Thanks for your e-mail.  This FAQ will get you going (applies to
band on the contest software as well):
AC Log always inserts CW or SSB in the Mode Field even when I try to
change it. <http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q24>
http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q24
_http://www.n3fjp.com_ <http://www.n3fjp.com/>
/Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general
logging software since 1997./
1 Peter 3 vs 15: /Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone
who asks you to give _the reason for
<http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>the hope that you have
<http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>_. But do this with gentleness and
respect/...
Log keeps defaulting to 15m? will not stay on any other bed. Have
gone through setting and every tab I can find. Switch over to the
daily ACL and it works fine?

Scott Davis

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for your follow up.  I'm sorry that you are still having trouble.  The rig interface code in all my software is identical and everything has been working fine here all day.  From a working contest program, while polling your rig, click the Save Settings button under the rig list at the lower left.  Start the IARU software and click the load settings button.  That should do the trick.

If that does not correct the problem, please let us know what rig you are interfacing and send a long a screen shot of your settings.

Log keeps defaulting to 15m? will not stay on any other bed. Have gone through setting and every tab I can find. Switch over to the daily ACL and it works fine?

Jimmy Tyree <jimmy.tyree@...>

Yes, I had the same idea so I closed down and re started - nothing helped. All works fine for the main / daily log, but this one is haunted - I will uninstall and reload for next year.

On Saturday, July 11, 2020, 8:11:29 PM CDT, Michael WA7SKG <wa7skg@...> wrote:

I had the same problem. Drove me nuts for a bit. Then I discovered I
somehow had two instances of the contest log running. Closed everything
down and restarted and worked fine after that.

Michael WA7SKG

Jimmy Tyree via groups.io wrote on 7/11/20 5:19 PM:
> Well, I went through it all and I give up. No biggie. Never had an issue
> with any other contest log. Good luck if your working the contest.
>
> <https://go.onelink.me/107872968?pid=InProduct&c=Global_Internal_YGrowth_AndroidEmailSig__AndroidUsers⁡_wl=ym⁡_sub1=Internal⁡_sub2=Global_YGrowth⁡_sub3=EmailSignature>
>
>    On Sat, Jul 11, 2020 at 1:00 PM, Scott Davis via groups.io
>    <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
>    Hi Jimmy,
>
>    Thanks for your e-mail.  This FAQ will get you going (applies to
>    band on the contest software as well):
>
>    AC Log always inserts CW or SSB in the Mode Field even when I try to
>    change it. <http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q24>
>
>    http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q24
>
>    Enjoy!
>
>    73, Scott
>    N3FJP
>    _http://www.n3fjp.com_ <http://www.n3fjp.com/>
>
>    /Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general
>    logging software since 1997./
>
>    1 Peter 3 vs 15: /Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone
>    who asks you to give _the reason for
>    <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>the hope that you have
>    <http://www.n3fjp.com/Faith.htm>_. But do this with gentleness and
>    respect/...