From: Mel - N7GCO - Cheney, WA <teammel@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Fri, Jul 10, 2020 2:09 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Spotting stops working

When using AC Log, I will start the DX Spotting and it will work fine. Then it will stop receiving new spots. If I switch to another Telnet spotting program, again it will work fine for awhile then stop again. If I now switch back to the original it will start again only to stop latter.

Any suggestions on what to try to keep it active, especially during a contest.

Fred K2DFC

What kind of Internet provider do you have? When I had DSL it would disconnect about a dozen times a day. Went to cable and now only disconnects once or twice a week.

Fred
K2DFC

Pat Whelton

Hey Mel.  Not sure if this will match your situation or not but after I acquired a new PC I had the same issue you are experiencing.  What I did to fix (repair) the issue was go into the Power & Sleep settings and change  the Sleep setting to “NEVER”.  I don’t remember what the factory default is but every time the new PC exceeded that default it would lose it’s DX Spots because it was no longer connected to the internet.

Again, this might not be what you are experiencing but who knows.  Give it a shot.

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J

When using AC Log, I will start the DX Spotting and it will work fine. Then it will stop receiving new spots. If I switch to another Telnet spotting program, again it will work fine for awhile then stop again. If I now switch back to the original it will start again only to stop latter.

Any suggestions on what to try to keep it active, especially during a contest.

_._,_._,_