From: WA1TRY - Our-Emails <wa1try@...>
To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io
Sent: Thu, Jul 9, 2020 11:43 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Rig Frequency adjust for transverter

Is it possible to activate some kind of displayed frequency offset for those us using transverters?   Been using HRD that has that ability.   For example when using HRD my "IF" rig (exciter) is set to read the VFO at 28.175 mhz .. When using a transverteer I can turn on a preset frequency offset of xx mhz so the resultant displayed frequency is 50.175.    Has anyone had any experience using transverters  with the N3FJP software?   Couldn't find anything in help or FAQs.   BTW, just bought the suite ... So far I've been mostly using the general logging and like it a lot !

73, Rich - WA1TRY

WA1TRY - Our-Emails <wa1try@...>

Fair enough.  Thanks .. Looking forward to a future implementation.

73, Rich - WA1TRY

Stan Edwards - WA4DYD

I love the series of logging programs, but I would like to see this capability as well. I realize there are relatively few who use transverters, But I recently added a transverter for 222 MHz for both general use as well as VHF/UHF contesting and it’s a pain to manually edit those entries for actual frequency entry. It would be great if there were an offset option for each band. My son, an avid VHF/UHF contester, uses N1MM for that reason and suggested I do the same, but I resisted because I don’t have that many 222 contacts.

Thanks for considering this option, Scott.

Stan Edwards, WA4DYD

holt david <dave.holt@...>

Hi Scott
I could use that feature too.
I am just setting up a transverter for 4m which will mean manually adjusting the log for those contacts.
Thanks again for great software and service.
73 Dave G1BTV

Mike Olbrisch

For those running a transverter…..   at least my radio (FTdx5000MP) has settings to allow the display to read correctly when using a transverter.  Perhaps your radio also?

If not, and you are running one freq…..   type <CTRL>-<SHIFT>-<R> to stop rig polling.  Then on your first transverter contact, type in the proper frequency, and just let AC-Log fill it in the same after every contact.  If you are hopping around from contact to contact, that won’t help much.

Yeah – I know.  You want AUTOMATIC!  But until that day comes, you make it work some other way.  Of you switch programs.

Hope this is helpful in some small way.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.