Count Difference

Tom Job

Hi Scott...

I noticed that when I shut down FD this year, the count was different.  I have attached a screen shot for you.  Can you 'plain? :)

The log(left side) shows 286 contacts but the counter (right) shows 285.  ??

Thanks....Tom VE3II

Greg Foster

Tom

Have you removed Duplicates (File>Remove Duplicates)?

Greg Foster

VE3PJ

613-328-6538

I noticed that when I shut down FD this year, the count was different.  I have attached a screen shot for you.  Can you 'plain? :)

The log(left side) shows 286 contacts but the counter (right) shows 285.  ??

Thanks....Tom VE3II

Scott Davis

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You may have deleted a QSO record and not reset your counter (which is fine).  To sync the two (optional), click File > Reset Counter and enter the highest record number in your log.

I noticed that when I shut down FD this year, the count was different.  I have attached a screen shot for you.  Can you 'plain? :)

The log(left side) shows 286 contacts but the counter (right) shows 285.  ??

Thanks....Tom VE3II

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb <maclamb@...>

……just to report, the FD log worked 100%.......great job Scott

Frank

NG1I

Thanks for your e-mail.  You may have deleted a QSO record and not reset your counter (which is fine).  To sync the two (optional), click File > Reset Counter and enter the highest record number in your log.

I noticed that when I shut down FD this year, the count was different.  I have attached a screen shot for you.  Can you 'plain? :)

The log(left side) shows 286 contacts but the counter (right) shows 285.  ??

Thanks....Tom VE3II

Tom Job

Hi all…

Thanks Scott, I will check the dupes.  But, Kimberly was nagging at me all weekend…”Duplicate”…so I don’t know how one snuck in J. Only kidding, she saved me a few times.  Aside from that, everything went smoothly with no errors or bugs.  Good job

Thanks…TomVE3II

……just to report, the FD log worked 100%.......great job Scott

Frank

NG1I

Thanks for your e-mail.  You may have deleted a QSO record and not reset your counter (which is fine).  To sync the two (optional), click File > Reset Counter and enter the highest record number in your log.

I noticed that when I shut down FD this year, the count was different.  I have attached a screen shot for you.  Can you 'plain? :)

The log(left side) shows 286 contacts but the counter (right) shows 285.  ??

Thanks....Tom VE3II

Avast logo

Tom Job

Just a quick update...I followed you instructions, Scott and that's all sorted now.  Thanks!

One thing I did notice when I uploaded the FD adif file to HRD v5, was that FT4 contacts were logged as MFSK16 in your software,  FT8 was showing as FT8 and I couldn't figure it out .  Finally, I looked at the log.adi file in WSJT-X and found that for the same logged time/date for the MFSK16 contacts, the freq was in the FT4 band, according to WSJT-X.  Fortunately it only effected about 40 contacts!  Not releshing a manual update x40, I did a Bulk Edit in HRD, highlighted only to the affected contacts and made them FT4.  All done and dusted in about 2 minutes.

Not a huge issue for me, once I understood what happened and the quick fix.  I'm guessing that your software gets the MFSK16 from WSJT-X, as it's log files also showed MFSK16 for the mode, instead of FT4. I'll post on their group, too but thought you might want to know in case others blame your software :)

73....Tom VE3II

Scott Davis

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your follow up and report.  Which version of my Field Day software did you use?  In my Field Day software, what is the actual mode in the mode field that JTAlert inserted?

[...]

I was using v6.3of your FD logger, v2.2.2 of WSJT-x and v2.16.8 of JTAlert.  Also, the computer is a laptop with Windows 8.1 (updated).

I will send you the adif file from your software so you can peruse it.  I’ll send it by a separate email, though, to the email on your website. J

But looking at the adi file in your FD logger, it shows mode as MFSK and submode FT4.  But when I uploaded to HRD v5, it only captured the mode.  I am guessing that came from WSJT-X.  I’ll send you that adi log, too, so that you can compare.

I couldn’t find anything from JTAlert going to your software.

73….Tom VE3II

[...]

Thanks for your follow up.  If my ADIF export looks like this:

<Mode:4>MFSK
<Submode:3>FT4

Then it is importing correctly to ADIF spec.  I just double checked here and it is exporting properly.

The HRD folks will need to address the rest.

[...]

Ok Scott thanks.  I did send you the adi files to your aol.com account.

73 and see you later….Tom VE3II

[...]

Larry Banks

Hi Tom,

I believe your issue is HRD.  That version doesn’t accept FT4 and is not ADIF compliant.  Why don’t you switch to ACLog?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

[...]

Hi Larry and thanks…

Actually, through the menus of HRD Logbook v5, I added FT4, FT8 and a couple of others.  The program, of course, did not have those modes out of the box.  But, it works perfectly with JTAlert, WSJT-X and Digital Master in everyday use.  The very minor inconvenience of having to edit the log once a year is not a big deal for me.  I’ve used it for years and know it inside out.

I will have a look at ACLog and see what’s what.  But for now, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it! J

73….Tom VE3II