Port Problems with JT Alert and Field day logger

Larry Krist - N8CWU

I have a computer that will not seem to work with JT Alert and the N3FJP ARRL Field Day Logger. It gives me the error from N3FJP Field Day Logger 6.3 that says This program's server is already running on port 1100, please click settings.API to select another port for the client to use bla bla bla.. IF I click ok on the error message, it logs into the N3FJP logger, but I get a message from JT Alert saying it cannot be verified it was logged. I have several computers all setup and networked together using tcp[that work fine and all are exactly the same setup. This is the only one giving me problems.  I have tried disabling the virus software to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry  N8CWU

Scott Davis

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.

To clear the API error, first make sure no other programs, such as AC Log, are running and already using that port.  Then click Settings > Rig Interface and be sure the N3FJP API option is not selected.  Then click Settings > Transmit  > CW and again, make sure the N3FJP API option is not selected.

To clear the JTAlert log verification error, use the Remote Network PC option detailed here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/digitalsetup.html#jtalert

I have a computer that will not seem to work with JT Alert and the N3FJP
ARRL Field Day Logger. It gives me the error from N3FJP Field Day Logger
6.3 that says This program's server is already running on port 1100,
please click settings.API to select another port for the client to use
bla bla bla.. IF I click ok on the error message, it logs into the N3FJP
logger, but I get a message from JT Alert saying it cannot be verified
it was logged. I have several computers all setup and networked together
using tcp[that work fine and all are exactly the same setup. This is the
only one giving me problems.  I have tried disabling the virus software
to no avail. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Larry  N8CWU

Larry Krist - N8CWU

Scott as always, good answer, had the Transmit  > CW N3FJP API option  selected.

Thank You much

Larry  N8CWU

 On 6/23/2020 7:24 AM, Scott Davis via groups.io wrote:
[...]

Phil AF6AV

Scott and Friends,

If I have WSJT-X (FT8), JTAlerts, and your ARRL Spring VHF logger all talking together, can I just substitute the VHF Logger settings to Field Day Logger and have it do FT8 for FD?

Thanks for such good support.
--
Phil Wells, AF6AV
Murrieta, CA

Scott Davis

Hi Phil,

Thanks for your e-mail.  On the N3FJP Software side, yes.  Just start the Field Day software and enable the API.  Be sure you have the other programs configured for Field Day.

If I have WSJT-X (FT8), JTAlerts, and your ARRL Spring VHF logger all talking together, can I just substitute the VHF Logger settings to Field Day Logger and have it do FT8 for FD?

Thanks for such good support.
--
Phil Wells, AF6AV
Murrieta, CA
7610, 991a, Kenwood TM-331A

Phil AF6AV

OK.  I might have forgotten the API, so thanks for the reminder.

73, OM,
--
Phil Wells, AF6AV
Murrieta, CA