From: "kc6mie" <kc6mie@roadrunner.com>
To: "AC Log Group" <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: 5/16/2020 3:13:17 PM
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] FD scoring question

I was in the FD contest log and noticed that if you will be a 1D station for FD and enter another Delta station you get a message that says “Delta stations do not earn QSO points for working other D stations” Since many stations will be operating D this year, will it not matter. I also have heard that scoring will not take place. That’s a rumor only?
Any input
Thanks
Stephen Kc6mie

Stephen Spencer

kc6mie

Thanks

Stephen Spencer

On May 16, 2020, at 3:15 PM, James Tills <jtills@abbnebraska.com> wrote:

It will not count. Use a generator and operate 1E. 73s Jim W7JWT

I was in the FD contest log and noticed that if you will be a 1D station for FD and enter another Delta station you get a message that says “Delta stations do not earn QSO points for working other D stations” Since many stations will be operating D this year, will it not matter. I also have heard that scoring will not take place. That’s a rumor only?
Any input
Thanks
Stephen Kc6mie

Stephen Spencer

Ken Gunther

Stephen,

    You are correct, contacts between class D stations do not count for score. I have suggested that class D stations call "CQC Field Day" instead of "CQ Field Day". The extra C stands for commercial power. If you are operating class D and hear a station calling CQC you just ignore them because the contact will be worth zero points.

                                Ken WB2KWC