Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Use "Find" to search by country
From: "Lawton Eure" <leure@...>
Date: Sat, May 16, 2020 10:06 am
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

User for approximately 7+ years and like the program.  Others have seen it and working with them to switch.
I have set as a long-range goal to achieve 5 band DXCC.   I do  a lot of FT8.  I use the “Find” option to frequently check to see if I already have that country on a particular band.  Some countries are like the U.S.  in that they have multiple prefixes.  Is there a simple way to link the country list to the “Find” button so that we could search by country name in addition to callsign?
Thanks for the review
73
WR4FT-Lawton

Pat Whelton

Hey Lawton.  Here’s a trick Scott showed me several months ago and it might be the answer to your query.

  • Say you want to know how many times you’ve worked Kenya.
  • Type Kenya in the “Country” box
  • Move the mouse curser to the top border of the “Country” box and click.
  • This will give you all the bands you have worked Kenya on.  It will tell you if you worked Kenya on CW, Digital, or Phone.  Plus it will tell you if you have Kenya confirmed or unconfirmed.

This little trick is a real time saver if you have several spots and you’re not sure which one you need the most.  Very handy.

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J

User for approximately 7+ years and like the program.  Others have seen it and working with them to switch.

I have set as a long-range goal to achieve 5 band DXCC.   I do  a lot of FT8.  I use the “Find” option to frequently check to see if I already have that country on a particular band.  Some countries are like the U.S.  in that they have multiple prefixes.  Is there a simple way to link the country list to the “Find” button so that we could search by country name in addition to callsign?

Thanks for the review

73

WR4FT-Lawton

Scott Davis

Hi Lawton,

In addition to the other great answers, you can type the country name in the country field and then tab from that field to list the previous contacts and see the status.

User for approximately 7+ years and like the program.  Others have seen it and working with them to switch.
I have set as a long-range goal to achieve 5 band DXCC.   I do  a lot of FT8.  I use the “Find” option to frequently check to see if I already have that country on a particular band.  Some countries are like the U.S.  in that they have multiple prefixes.  Is there a simple way to link the country list to the “Find” button so that we could search by country name in addition to callsign?
Thanks for the review
73
WR4FT-Lawton

Lawton Eure

Yes.  Thank you.  Two ggod answers that I had not discovered.

In addition to the other great answers, you can type the country name in the country field and then tab from that field to list the previous contacts and see the status.

User for approximately 7+ years and like the program.  Others have seen it and working with them to switch.
I have set as a long-range goal to achieve 5 band DXCC.   I do  a lot of FT8.  I use the “Find” option to frequently check to see if I already have that country on a particular band.  Some countries are like the U.S.  in that they have multiple prefixes.  Is there a simple way to link the country list to the “Find” button so that we could search by country name in addition to callsign?
Thanks for the review
73
WR4FT-Lawton

Jim Shorney

To add to this, you can click the title bar of the Bnd column to sort by band. Click again to sort ascending or descending.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Sat, 16 May 2020 17:45:10 +0000 (UTC)
"Scott Davis via groups.io" <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi Lawton,
In addition to the other great answers, you can type the country name in the country field and then tab from that field to list the previous contacts and see the status.
Enjoy!

73, ScottN3FJPhttp://www.n3fjp.com