Topics

F Key interface USB B/RIGtalk (West mountain radio)

Carl KC5CMX

I have tried for YEARS to get this software to work with the F keys and finally got to tinkering with it.
Setup: IC7300, USB B = COM PORT 5, Now set up for the CW/Phone F keys
CAT CIV interface set on COM PORT 3 for rig control plugged into the jack on the back of the radio where it belongs.
The F key for F1 works but none of the other buttons will key the radio Rig Name = Icom
Read Frequency Command = FE FE 94 E0 03 FD
Read Mode Command = FE FE 94 E0 04 FD
Convert To Hex = True
Com Port Name = COM3
Baud Rate = 9600
Parity = None
Stop Bits = 1
Data Bits = 8
Power Option = None
Numeric Frequency = 14.019
String Frequency = 14.01900
Mode = CW
Polling Rig = True
Polling Rate = 2000
Return Mode = True
Return Frequency = True
Mode From Frequency = False
Version = Rig Interface Setup 2.8    (Ctrl R)
Buffer = þþ”àýþþà”
Buffer Converted from HEX = FE FE 94 E0 03 FD FE FE E0 94 03 00 90 01 14 00 FD

Did I miss something?
Thanks
KC5CMX

Scott Davis

Hi Carl,

Thanks for your e-mail.  The F1 Test button is the only button that works from the phone setup form.  All the F keys work from the main form.

Also, make sure that your keyboard is set up to send F key commands.  Some are configured to control your PC in other ways.

[...]

I went and took a nap, came back hit some keys and it works.
Thanks!
CB

Carl KC5CMX

Next question:

Is there a way to code it so you can do direct send from the keyboard vs having only F keys to send specific strings? (N1MM & HRD can do this)

Thanks again

I went and took a nap, came back hit some keys and it works.
Thanks!
CB

John Carobine

I'm pretty sure if you press F12 you will have the full keyboard available to send code direct.  Up and down arrows on the keyboard control transmission speed.

WB8RFB