FL QSO

NT4K JC

Scott…

I have installed the current version of the FL QSO software.  I notice there is a column  “County R” but it does not update when a call is entered.  This software unlike my Contact Log does not have the “CallBook” tab to specify a path to fetch this info.  I’m sure this is not required for the FL QSO Party but I hate to miss a county I have not yet worked.  Can the software populate this field?

Thanks

73 NT4K JC

Scott Davis

Hi JC,

Thanks for your e-mail.  The county will be sent to you during the contest exchange.  Most contest sponsors believe it unethical for contest software to assist the exchange by using an external callbook lookup source.

I have installed the current version of the FL QSO software.  I notice there is a column  “County R” but it does not update when a call is entered.  This software unlike my Contact Log does not have the “CallBook” tab to specify a path to fetch this info.  I’m sure this is not required for the FL QSO Party but I hate to miss a county I have not yet worked.  Can the software populate this field?

Thanks
73 NT4K JC

NT4K JC

Thanks Scott…

Sorry, I didn’t mention I will be participating as a Florida station – you’re correct - Florida stations announce their county but receive only the state ID from the non-FL station during the exchange.  When contacting another FL station the “FL Cnty” field in the software opens so I can manually enter the FL county.  That all works great!  The county info I would like to capture is from the state other than FL.  I don’t see any opportunity to enter that info even if it’s offered by the station outside FL.  I would like to capture that information if possible in case I run across a county not in my log.  It’s not a problem but would be a nice feature in a future release.

Thanks

73 NT4K JC

[...]

Thanks Mel…

Tested…  Worked perfect!  Thank you very much.  I can go to sleep now.

Thanks

73 NT4K JC

[...]

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your thoughts, but that is a question beyond the logging software.  AC Log only receives the data QRZ sends it.  You would need to discuss any data verification processes with the QRZ folks.