MSQP - Log Submission Requirements

Megin Murphy

For the Mississippi QSO Party we have the following log submission requirements:

Each log must include a scoring summary showing the number of QSOs points, the multiplier,

and score. Logs without a scoring summary will be considered as a check log.

Exporting via adif or cabrillo does not bring in the scoring summary.  Is there something else we can do to bring in that information with our log?

73, Megin, K5IJ

Scott Davis

Hi Megin,

Thanks for your e-mail.  The Cabrillo file format specification doesn't provide fields for that level of detail (QSO points and multipliers).  Even the claimed score, which my software does provide, is an optional field in the Cabrilllo spec, that isn't required for submittal.

State QSO party sponsors use log checking software to calculate all the scoring values from the Cabrillo files they receive.  Very few require anything other than the Cabrillo file.  I've supported the MS QSO Party for a good while now and I've not ever had a problem report on the Cabrillo file my software creates.

For the Mississippi QSO Party we have the following log submission requirements:

Each log must include a scoring summary showing the number of QSOs points, the multiplier,
and score. Logs without a scoring summary will be considered as a check log.
Exporting via adif or cabrillo does not bring in the scoring summary.  Is there something else we can do to bring in that information with our log?

73, Megin, K5IJ

Jim Harris

I thought the summary was a part of the file I sent.  Do I just send it as a separate attachment.
Forgive me as this is my first contest.
I had 61 contacts, 61 QSO points, 48 multipliers, for a total 2,928 points.
Jim Harris KF5TPT
(H) 662-893-3289
(C) 901-383-3104
U.S. Air Force Auxiliary

Treat everyone with politeness, even those who are rude to you,not because they are nice but because you are.

On Wed, Apr 8, 2020 at 8:32 AM Megin Murphy <meginamurphy@...> wrote:

For the Mississippi QSO Party we have the following log submission requirements:

Each log must include a scoring summary showing the number of QSOs points, the multiplier,

and score. Logs without a scoring summary will be considered as a check log.

Exporting via adif or cabrillo does not bring in the scoring summary.  Is there something else we can do to bring in that information with our log?

73, Megin, K5IJ

Megin Murphy

I confirmed with Malcolm, W5XX, who runs the QSO party, and he confirmed what Scott said.  Just send what the N3FJP software provides when exporting a Cabrillo file.

73, Megin, K5IJ

[...]

Christopher Scibelli

Now is NOT the time to be getting anal about rules for a state QP.  Actually, I'd be relaxing rules.

I can't believe how few from my area are on HF.  It is truly a vast wasteland when it comes to HF OPs. I've mainly had my beam on Europe for the last month.  Have worked some who haven't been on the air for years, but the bands are nowhere near as active as one might imagine.

73,

Chris  NU1O

For the Mississippi QSO Party we have the following log submission requirements:

Each log must include a scoring summary showing the number of QSOs points, the multiplier,

and score. Logs without a scoring summary will be considered as a check log.

Exporting via adif or cabrillo does not bring in the scoring summary.  Is there something else we can do to bring in that information with our log?

73, Megin, K5IJ

kc6mie

I’m on the west coast and FT 8 on 20 has EU coming in the morning SA and JA in the afternoon.  Of course is varies but having fun regardless.
73
Stephen

Stephen Spencer

On Apr 9, 2020, at 10:46 AM, Christopher Scibelli via groups.io <nu1oscar@...> wrote:

[...]

Hi Gang,

With e-mail volume absolutely overflowing, and especially high today following this morning's announcement, I will be very grateful if you will be especially mindful of replying to threads that have drifted off topic directly, rather than back through the users group.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.