New TQSL-ACLog Conflict

Howard Saxion

I have discovered a problem with ACLog and the new TQSL version. When the Operator field is filled ( for example my first name), an error occurs when trying to log a QSO With LoTW. This error shows up as an invalid date range of the call sign certificate.  When I deleted an entry in the operator field, the problem went away. 

I tried to find a batch process to delete the operator information in my log but could not find a solution. Is editing each QSO the only way to delete text in the operator field?

Howard

WX7HS

Scott Davis

Hi Howard,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you have run into trouble.  The Operator field is intended for your call sign.  You could contact the LoTW folks to see if there is a way to set TQSL to override the operator value check.

If not, ADIF Master is likely your best option.  Additional details are here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q63

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Tue, Apr 7, 2020 8:15 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] New TQSL-ACLog Conflict

I have discovered a problem with ACLog and the new TQSL version. When the Operator field is filled ( for example my first name), an error occurs when trying to log a QSO With LoTW. This error shows up as an invalid date range of the call sign certificate.  When I deleted an entry in the operator field, the problem went away. 

I tried to find a batch process to delete the operator information in my log but could not find a solution. Is editing each QSO the only way to delete text in the operator field?

Howard

WX7HS

Larry Stowell K1ZW

Interesting I have 4 entries since 4/1, all previous entries had my name in the

operator field. The 4 since the 1st have my call. I have all the latest 6.6 and new TQSL.

Just today those 4 showed up in LoTW Now I can't download those 4.

I always do all confirmed and it process 16,000+ the file in in 5 seconds.

Strange happening in LoTW !!!

73 Larry K1ZW

On 4/7/2020 8:15 PM, WX7HS via groups.io wrote:

Howard

WX7HS

AI3KS

Larry,

I had a similar problem a few days ago. In looking at the raw info from, doing an "all confirmed" did not start at the beginning of the log. I had to to a "confirmed since" and change the date back to 1972.

Steve, AI3KS

On 20/04/08 08:10, Larry Stowell K1ZW wrote:

operator field. The 4 since the 1st have my call. I have all the latest 6.6 and new TQSL.

73 Larry K1ZW

Howard

WX7HS

Larry Stowell K1ZW

Steve

Well that's a change have always used confirm all, it wasn't the updated TQSL

It was something ~ about 4/1. I just did as you suggested but use the default of 1902

and it worked fine and finally did the 4 since 4/1.

Larry K1ZW

On 4/8/2020 9:11 AM, AI3KS wrote:
Larry,

I had a similar problem a few days ago. In looking at the raw info from, doing an "all confirmed" did not start at the beginning of the log. I had to to a "confirmed since" and change the date back to 1972.

Steve, AI3KS

73 Larry K1ZW

Howard

WX7HS

Christopher Scibelli

If you have lots of QSO an "all confirmed" will mostly not work.  I have 60K QSOs and have never got "all confirmed" to work.

Chris  NU1O

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Apr 8, 2020 9:11 am

Larry,

Steve, AI3KS

73 Larry K1ZW

Howard

WX7HS

philp51

Tnx Howard, That fixed it for me, 73...Phil W8PP

Larry Krist

What did Howard say, I cannot find it on the user group postings, I would be interested as I emailed LOTW and got no help whatsoever on how to fix the problem.

Larry  N8CWU

On 4/13/2020 3:01 PM, philp51 wrote:

Scott Davis

Hi All,

I understand ARRL is working on TQSL 2.5.3, which will ignore a value in the Operator field if it doesn't look like a call sign.  If you have your name in the operator field, that should return normal functionality to your uploads.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Sent: Mon, Apr 13, 2020 3:36 pm

What did Howard say, I cannot find it on the user group postings, I would be interested as I emailed LOTW and got no help whatsoever on how to fix the problem.
Larry  N8CWU
On 4/13/2020 3:01 PM, philp51 wrote:

wa9m@...

Had same problem,was trying to upload 5 qsos since tqsl update.Followed Scott"s suggestion ;Operator field now blank.I had to upload 1 at a time.it then worked.I might download beta of next ver of tqsl
73 Bob WA9M