Topics

Question for the Polish contest this weekend

Stephen Walls

Is there a program that will 'accommodate' their exchange.

Looks like the WPX program would possibly work

just enter 1 for contact #,  and enter the province for prefix

Any Comments  or Suggestions ????

EXCHANGE GROUPS:
  • Polish stations send a report, consisting of a signal report (RS or RST) plus the letter of the province designator (e.g., 59 B). The 16 province designators are: B, C, D, F, G, J, K, L, M, O, P, R, S, U, W and Z.
  • Foreign stations send a report consisting of a signal report (RS or RST) plus contact number beginning with 001 (e.g., 59 001).

Thanks,   Steve  K4ELI

Scott Davis

Hi Steven,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Please see this FAQ here:

That said, if you or anyone on this group have time to test out the program, as will as a way to modify the Cabrillo submission file so it will be accepted, please let the group know!

Is there a program that will 'accommodate' their exchange.

Looks like the WPX program would possibly work

just enter 1 for contact #,  and enter the province for prefix

Any Comments  or Suggestions ????

EXCHANGE GROUPS:
  • Polish stations send a report, consisting of a signal report (RS or RST) plus the letter of the province designator (e.g., 59 B). The 16 province designators are: B, C, D, F, G, J, K, L, M, O, P, R, S, U, W and Z.
  • Foreign stations send a report consisting of a signal report (RS or RST) plus contact number beginning with 001 (e.g., 59 001).

Thanks,   Steve  K4ELI

Christopher Scibelli

Have no idea, but N1MM is available if that doesn't work.

73,

Chris  NU1O

Is there a program that will 'accommodate' their exchange.

Looks like the WPX program would possibly work

just enter 1 for contact #,  and enter the province for prefix

Any Comments  or Suggestions ????

EXCHANGE GROUPS:
  • Polish stations send a report, consisting of a signal report (RS or RST) plus the letter of the province designator (e.g., 59 B). The 16 province designators are: B, C, D, F, G, J, K, L, M, O, P, R, S, U, W and Z.
  • Foreign stations send a report consisting of a signal report (RS or RST) plus contact number beginning with 001 (e.g., 59 001).

Thanks,   Steve  K4ELI

Ken Bell

In ACLog, a serial field with serial++, reset to zero button, and short-cut to add serial to the CW function keys would be great.   Cabrillio could be 'an exercise left to the reader'.
--
Ken - K4EES

Tom Hauer K0YA

Stephen,

I just ran a small simulation using WPX and it looks like it will work fine.  Score talleys as it should per there rules.  The serial number field can be the SN we send so they match.  Should work just fine!

Have fun.  I'm going to try it even though I am only running 100 watts to a dipole.  Can only work 40, 20, 15, and 10.

Tom, K0YA

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 7:53 AM Stephen Walls <swalls46@...> wrote:
Is there a program that will 'accommodate' their exchange.

Looks like the WPX program would possibly work

just enter 1 for contact #,  and enter the province for prefix

Any Comments  or Suggestions ????

EXCHANGE GROUPS:
  • Polish stations send a report, consisting of a signal report (RS or RST) plus the letter of the province designator (e.g., 59 B). The 16 province designators are: B, C, D, F, G, J, K, L, M, O, P, R, S, U, W and Z.
  • Foreign stations send a report consisting of a signal report (RS or RST) plus contact number beginning with 001 (e.g., 59 001).

Thanks,   Steve  K4ELI

Scott Davis

Thanks for the encouraging report on using WPX for the Polish contest Tom.  Please let us know how you make out!

[...]

Scott,

Thanks!!  I'm obviously not an expert in your software but it looks like all the coding you would have to do to make a file for this contest is to change the R# field to the alpha province code and allow both phone and CW entries a little easier.  Right now you can do that but you have to change the mode field at the bottom of the page!  The mode probably really isn't much of an issue since I would assume most folks would not constantly flip from one to the other but work one mode for a while and then the other.  With rigs like my FT-2000 you can change modes on a band by just hitting the band switch for the band you are on (the rig allows 3 different selectable mode configurations per band) and if you have rig control working that could also switch your software.

My 2 bits!

Thanks so much for all you do!  Really love your software.

Tom, K0YA

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 10:24 AM Scott Davis via Groups.Io <SNKDavis=aol.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

After thinking a minute or two it might be easier to use the Pfx field for the Province code since that already correctly calculates the multiplier and it is a single country contest.  Then you can just eliminate the R# field and it is all done!!

Tom, K0YA

On Wed, Apr 1, 2020 at 12:05 PM Tom and Toni Hauer via groups.io <rdrnrtom=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your thoughts.  There is no way I would have enough time to modify a program for a contest this weekend, but it is good to know you can adapt one to get by with.

[...]

No problem Scott, did not have that expectation at all.  Something for you to possibly consider for the future depending on interest.

Stay Safe,

Tom, K0YA