Topics

locked CQ WPX SSB Prep!

Scott Davis

Hi All,

With so many of us home, it sounds like there are going to be a LOT of participants in CQ WPX SSB this weekend!

As always, before you begin operating in this weekend's contest, please take a moment and review this pre contest checklist.  Most of the contest support questions I receive are from those who haven't.  I use it myself, every time.

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/contestchecklist.html

The software for this weekend's contest is here:

And the CQ WPX rules are here:

I hope to work you!

Enjoy the contest!

Mel Marcus

Scott

Install went well except for one thing.  Mode shows as digital and I cant seem to change it to ssb

Mel
NE9A

With so many of us home, it sounds like there are going to be a LOT of participants in CQ WPX SSB this weekend!

As always, before you begin operating in this weekend's contest, please take a moment and review this pre contest checklist.  Most of the contest support questions I receive are from those who haven't.  I use it myself, every time.

The software for this weekend's contest is here:

And the CQ WPX rules are here:

I hope to work you!

Enjoy the contest!

Hi Mel,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Click Settings > Setup and choose SSB.  Also, make sure your rig interface is correct.  Both are addressed in this link here:

Install went well except for one thing.  Mode shows as digital and I cant seem to change it to ssb

Mel
NE9A

With so many of us home, it sounds like there are going to be a LOT of participants in CQ WPX SSB this weekend!

As always, before you begin operating in this weekend's contest, please take a moment and review this pre contest checklist.  Most of the contest support questions I receive are from those who haven't.  I use it myself, every time.

The software for this weekend's contest is here:

And the CQ WPX rules are here:

I hope to work you!

Enjoy the contest!

Mel Marcus

Scott

Thanks that worked.

Mel
NE9A

Thanks for your e-mail.  Click Settings > Setup and choose SSB.  Also, make sure your rig interface is correct.  Both are addressed in this link here:

Install went well except for one thing.  Mode shows as digital and I cant seem to change it to ssb

Mel
NE9A

With so many of us home, it sounds like there are going to be a LOT of participants in CQ WPX SSB this weekend!

As always, before you begin operating in this weekend's contest, please take a moment and review this pre contest checklist.  Most of the contest support questions I receive are from those who haven't.  I use it myself, every time.

The software for this weekend's contest is here:

And the CQ WPX rules are here:

I hope to work you!

Enjoy the contest!

Christopher Scibelli

With millions of Americans home I'm surprised by the lack of hams on HF.  In Western MA., where I live, I think I am about the only ham on 20 meters.

I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a big jump in contestants for WPX, but we shall see.

73,

Chris  NU1O

With so many of us home, it sounds like there are going to be a LOT of participants in CQ WPX SSB this weekend!

As always, before you begin operating in this weekend's contest, please take a moment and review this pre contest checklist.  Most of the contest support questions I receive are from those who haven't.  I use it myself, every time.

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/contestchecklist.html

The software for this weekend's contest is here:

And the CQ WPX rules are here:

I hope to work you!

Enjoy the contest!

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb

I agree with that

NG1I

With so many of us home, it sounds like there are going to be a LOT of participants in CQ WPX SSB this weekend!

As always, before you begin operating in this weekend's contest, please take a moment and review this pre contest checklist.  Most of the contest support questions I receive are from those who haven't.  I use it myself, every time.

The software for this weekend's contest is here:

And the CQ WPX rules are here:

I hope to work you!

Enjoy the contest!

Mike Olbrisch

Oh, I don’t know……..   guess it depends on where you look.  Over the past couple of days I’ve put over 70 contacts into the log, and I’m not really trying.  Mostly SOTA summits (39 of them).   In fact, I’ve gotten tired of sitting here on HF, going to run out to the JEEP and finish installing the new GMRS radio so it is ready for the next big expedition.  Whenever that is.

I had reason to text my nephew Andreas (Andy-DO5AL) this morning and he was deep into the contest there in Northern Bavaria.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.

With so many of us home, it sounds like there are going to be a LOT of participants in CQ WPX SSB this weekend!

As always, before you begin operating in this weekend's contest, please take a moment and review this pre contest checklist.  Most of the contest support questions I receive are from those who haven't.  I use it myself, every time.

The software for this weekend's contest is here:

And the CQ WPX rules are here:

I hope to work you!

Enjoy the contest!

Christopher Scibelli

QRZ says you're 37 miles away, Frank.  If you feel like an 80 meter ragchew sent me an email.

Same for anybody else.  We can select an appropriate band for the path.

73,

Chris  NU1O

With so many of us home, it sounds like there are going to be a LOT of participants in CQ WPX SSB this weekend!

As always, before you begin operating in this weekend's contest, please take a moment and review this pre contest checklist.  Most of the contest support questions I receive are from those who haven't.  I use it myself, every time.

The software for this weekend's contest is here:

And the CQ WPX rules are here:

I hope to work you!

Enjoy the contest!

Pat Whelton

They are all at the other end of the band participating in the contest.  I’ve been trying off and on to participate but I’m starting to detest SSB contests more and more.  I have a big problem tuning SSB in.  I’ll try to hit them low, hit them high, hit them on frequency and I have a difficult time tuning them in.  They all sound like ducks to me.  Working into Europe sometimes can be a challenge but sometimes they are in the bag with one shot.  South America is crazy as they will be 80 over S9 and they can’t hear a damn thing Donald Duck or not.  It takes a lot of time and effort to put a South American in the log.  You talk about deaf.

The moral is give me CW anytime.

73,

Pat – KZ5J

With so many of us home, it sounds like there are going to be a LOT of participants in CQ WPX SSB this weekend!

As always, before you begin operating in this weekend's contest, please take a moment and review this pre contest checklist.  Most of the contest support questions I receive are from those who haven't.  I use it myself, every time.

The software for this weekend's contest is here:

And the CQ WPX rules are here:

I hope to work you!

Enjoy the contest!

Mel Marcus

Pat

I am a new person to contesting, but here is something that might sound silly but it has worked for me. most serious contest stations seem to operate at .500 khz or .000 khz. so when I come upon a signal I tune to those positions first. that might just put in ducks in a row.

Mel
NE9A

With so many of us home, it sounds like there are going to be a LOT of participants in CQ WPX SSB this weekend!

As always, before you begin operating in this weekend's contest, please take a moment and review this pre contest checklist.  Most of the contest support questions I receive are from those who haven't.  I use it myself, every time.

The software for this weekend's contest is here:

And the CQ WPX rules are here:

I hope to work you!

Enjoy the contest!

Lou Everett, Sr.

What you using for a radio?

Lou. WA5LOU

On Sat, Mar 28, 2020 at 2:23 PM Pat Whelton <pwhelton@...> wrote:

[...]

Lou WA5LOU

Scott Davis

Hi Guys,

As this topic thread is drifting away from N3FJP Software support, I would really appreciate it if you continue off list.

Thanks!