Topics

rig Interface

jameshmelville@...

My call is ND1N and I am a new user of your software.
I have had minimum of issues however, I want to interface my IC7100 to my computer and under "Rig Interface" in Settings I have no interfaces to choose from.
How do I obtain the program for my 7100?
Thanks in advance.
Jim
ND1N

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You'll find the successful settings other icom 7100 users have sent along here:

My call is ND1N and I am a new user of your software.
I have had minimum of issues however, I want to interface my IC7100 to my computer and under "Rig Interface" in Settings I have no interfaces to choose from.
How do I obtain the program for my 7100?
Thanks in advance.
Jim
ND1N

jameshmelville@...

Scott,
Thanks for the response.  Unfortunately I have gone to that before resorting to asking.  The problem is that I should be able to go to Settings and then rig interface and have it give me a list of interfaces to select from.  When I go there, I have nothing, not one interface!
Jim

On Friday, March 27, 2020, 03:35:48 PM EDT, Scott Davis via Groups.Io <snkdavis@...> wrote:

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You'll find the successful settings other icom 7100 users have sent along here:

My call is ND1N and I am a new user of your software.
I have had minimum of issues however, I want to interface my IC7100 to my computer and under "Rig Interface" in Settings I have no interfaces to choose from.
How do I obtain the program for my 7100?
Thanks in advance.
Jim
ND1N

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your follow up and clarification.  Please see this FAQ here (and pay special attention to the note about Icom drivers):

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q81

My call is ND1N and I am a new user of your software.
I have had minimum of issues however, I want to interface my IC7100 to my computer and under "Rig Interface" in Settings I have no interfaces to choose from.
How do I obtain the program for my 7100?
Thanks in advance.
Jim
ND1N

Ed W2LCQ <w2lcq@...>

Jim.

Here are settings for the 7100

Icom 7100
Rig Name = Icom
Read Frequency Command = FE FE 88 E0 03 FD
Read Mode Command = FE FE 88 E0 04 FD
Convert To Hex = True
Baud Rate = 19200
Parity = None
Stop Bits = 1
Data Bits = 8
Power Option = RTS

73, Ed Jones W2LCQ

CWops 701 - SKCC 5474T - FISTS 12294 - LICWC
                         Frankford Radio Club

On Mar 27, 2020, at 4:21 PM, James Melville via Groups.Io <jameshmelville@...> wrote:

[...]

James Melville <jameshmelville@...>

Scott,

I am sorry to draw this out.  I can get to the rig control with another program.  What is happening with your program is that when I go to Settings and then to Rig Interface, NO CHOICES are presented.  I don't get to say it is a Icom and then choose model.  I get nothing at all.  I click on Rig Interface and it goes back to my logbook.  Appearing as though something wasn't loaded with my software load.

Jim
ND1N

On Friday, March 27, 2020, 05:40:42 PM EDT, Ed W2LCQ via Groups.Io <w2lcq@...> wrote:

[...]

Ed Jones,

Thank you for the specifics.  I would love to put in that information but it isn't allowing me to even select the radio!  As I said to Scott
it is as though a module didn't load!

Jim

On Friday, March 27, 2020, 09:48:28 PM EDT, James Melville via Groups.Io <jameshmelville@...> wrote:

[...]

Larry Krist

In the Rig setup try these settings Control-R

Icom 7100
Rig Name = Icom
Read Frequency Command = FE FE 88 E0 03 FD
Read Mode Command = FE FE 88 E0 04 FD
Convert To Hex = True
Baud Rate = 19200
Parity = None
Stop Bits = 1
Data Bits = 8
Power Option = RTS

Larry N8CWU

On 3/27/2020 3:13 PM, jameshmelville via Groups.Io wrote:
My call is ND1N and I am a new user of your software.
I have had minimum of issues however, I want to interface my IC7100 to my computer and under "Rig Interface" in Settings I have no interfaces to choose from.
How do I obtain the program for my 7100?
Thanks in advance.
Jim
ND1N

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your follow up.  It is extremely unusual that you are not able to see the rig interface set up form at all.  The only thing that I can think to suggest is to make sure that your Internet protection software is not clamping down on AC Log in some way.

I hope that this helps!

My call is ND1N and I am a new user of your software.
I have had minimum of issues however, I want to interface my IC7100 to my computer and under "Rig Interface" in Settings I have no interfaces to choose from.
How do I obtain the program for my 7100?
Thanks in advance.
Jim
ND1N

Larry Stowell K1ZW

Jim

Why not uninstall and reinstall the software?

73 Larry K1ZW