Topics

Win4K3 Integration

Mark

Is anyone using the Win4K3 Suite ?  I'm curious if the "F" keys in N3FJP will activate the DVR in a K3 once the two programs are interfaced ?

73
Mark KN7T

Ken Gunther

Mark,

    I believe that I am having the same issue with Win4IcomSuite and my IC-7300. When I use Win4IcomSuite the N3FJP contest programs do not react to the "F" keys. If I stop Win4IcomSuite N3FJP will once again react to the "F" keys.

                                                Ken WB2KWC

On 3/27/2020 15:01, Mark wrote:

Is anyone using the Win4K3 Suite ?  I'm curious if the "F" keys in N3FJP will activate the DVR in a K3 once the two programs are interfaced ?

73
Mark KN7T
_._,_._,_

Ken Bell

Hi Ken

This is one of the 'traits' of N3FJP that I have just learned to live with.  Not everyone has this problem.  The F-keys *should* always work if N3FJP gets the focus, but this is not always the case for me.  With N3FJP having focus and the F-keys not working, I can click on an F-key in the mini window and then actual F-keys then work the next time I press them.  Doesn't always happen, but when it does, I use this as a work around.

Scott has said that this is not how it should work, but it's Microsoft and it does what it wants.
--
Ken - K4EES

Ron Thomas

Ken,

I think I have observed this same thing before.  I'll have to go back and play with it again to be sure.  But, I believe that I simply closed the mini window that gives a description of the F keys that I programmed and, with that window closed, the function keys work just fine.  So, I've taken to writing down the definition of the function keys instead of bringing up the mini window... never had another problem.

Yes, it shouldn't matter, but like you said, it's Windoze!

73,

Ron N4RT

On Sunday, April 12, 2020, 7:01:26 AM CDT, Ken Bell <k4ees@...> wrote:

Hi Ken

This is one of the 'traits' of N3FJP that I have just learned to live with.  Not everyone has this problem.  The F-keys *should* always work if N3FJP gets the focus, but this is not always the case for me.  With N3FJP having focus and the F-keys not working, I can click on an F-key in the mini window and then actual F-keys then work the next time I press them.  Doesn't always happen, but when it does, I use this as a work around.

Scott has said that this is not how it should work, but it's Microsoft and it does what it wants.
--
Ken - K4EES

Pat Whelton

Instead of writing down what’s stored in the F-Keys may I suggest using labels on top of the F-Keys.  I’ve had the same labels on my keyboard for at least 5 years maybe more.  Several years ago we even used a paper template my son made with an Exacto knife that surrounded the F-Keys.  The labels are a much cleaner way to go in my opinion.

Here’s what my labels say:

F1    TEST

F2    KZ5J

F3    5NN #

F4    #

F5    $5NN#

F6    TU

F7    ?

F8    $? (I use this one a lot when running and only get a partial call)

F9    AGN

F10  CL?

F11  NBR?

If I’m not mistaken Scott has even put in a feature where if you log the station it will automatically issue some of these functions for you.  Being a country boy from Galveston I haven’t figured out the automatic part yet but I’m happy with the labels.

Just a suggestion on the labels.  YMMV.

Regards,

Pat – KZ5J

[...]

Allan Zadiraka

My observation is that the function keys depend on which program's window has focus when you use a F-key.  If a Win4k3 window has focus (cursor in that window or window last clicked), the Win4k3 function keys work.  If ACLOG has the cursor, it's F-key definitions work.  Just have to remember where the focus is.  I always try to click the mouse back in  ACLOG after doing something in Win4k3 so I am ready to log.  The window that has focus determines the action of the F-keys.

zeke, ab8ou

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 10:34 AM Pat Whelton <pwhelton@...> wrote:

[...]

Mitch NW0M

Mark,

I don't use WIN4K3 but you can easily send commands from your ACLog F keys to execute the K3 Memory keys.  Here's two examples:

K3 Memory 1 (M1):  RI:SWT21;
K3 Memory 2 (M2):  RI:SWT31;

Here's a command you can assign to an F Key to put the K3 in Split Mode Up 5:  RI:SWT13;SWT13;FT1;UPB7;

Basically you can 'program' about anything you want.  You just need the documentation regarding the list of commands.

73, Mitch

Mark

Mitch,
I bought the K3 programmer's guide a few weeks ago and programmed the F keys exactly as you mentioned - works fine.

73
Mark KN7T