From: Peter George <Pgeorge_wp@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Tue, Mar 24, 2020 11:23 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Beam heading for DX

Until recently the beam heading and distance numbers made sense, but I've noticed in the last couple of months they are no longer accurate.  For example I live in NH.  If I type in a European station, ON4UN in Belgium for example I would expect to see a beam heading of 60-70 degrees, but it comes up as 304 degrees... I checked my setup and it seems to be correct, showing me as 43.524 / -71.27.  What else should I check?

BTW, I am operating my radio, located in NH remotely from Florida but I would not expect that to make any difference.  I have the mdb file saved on dropbox so I can find it from either location.

73,  Pete  WA1HXH

Scott Davis

Hi Pete and Chris,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Please see this FAQ here (has info on both DX and stateside):

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q21

Same thing happened to me but with a local station.  The heading was way off.  What database does AC Log use to get it's bearing and distance info?

73,

Chris  NU1O