Topics

New Feature(s)

Ed W2LCQ

Thanks Scott. Gotcha. I’ll play around with it and see what happens. In any event I can live with it. 
Keep well and healthy. 

All best, Ed

73, Ed Jones W2LCQ

CWops 701 - SKCC 5474T - FISTS 12294
                 Frankford Radio Club

“I am busy just now again on electro-magnetism, and think I have got hold of a good thing, but can't say....” —-Michael Faraday

73, Ed Jones W2LCQ

Frankford Radio Club

“I am busy just now again on electro-magnetism, and think I have got hold of a good thing, but can't say....” —-Michael Faraday

K8TS

I used the band map “block….” For the first time after many, many years, and found it very useful, finding stations that had only been spotted minimally.  Will be using more often.  Once a “runner” has been worked, he never shows again unless he moves to a different portion of the band.

Dale K8TS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Monday, March 16, 2020 4:24 PM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] New Feature(s)

I spent the weekend using the WIQP log. Prefer it to N1MM -- but, there are 2 features of N1MM I wish I had back.

1. I operate Search and Pounce (S&P). I listen, enter the log info into the log -- work  the station -- Press Enter to Log the Q. Sometimes though, the pileup is just too large and I click on another station on my panadapter planning to come back later. Once I change frequency, N1MM erases the log entry. I like that. Could your log do that too?
  2. When I click on a frequency on the panadapter, N1MM displays the station you already worked on that frequency. If I am Searching & Pouncing, I then don't waste time waiting for the "running" station to ID -- I go merrily on my way. I think N1MM remembers if you actually worked the station before and might use a color code to remind you to either skip this station or you waited around before (see above) and didn't work him.

Your answer could be -- well then use N1MM -- OK I could do that, but if you ever add this feature to your log it would be about perfect!

Mike N9MS

Scott Davis

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your e-mail.  There isn't a way to block duplicates on the list, only the band map.  Additionally, while you can use it for entities confirmed in AC Log, it is mostly applicable to specific call signs in the contest software that, if worked again, would be identified as duplicates in your log.  In either case, it doesn't hide duplicate unworked spots.

Capture.JPG

More details on setting up the band map are here:

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tue, Mar 17, 2020 12:03 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] New Feature(s)

Scott,

I see multiple spots for the same station On the lower panel of the log which I believe is the Bandmap. Sometimes 5-6. spots. You said to go to the more filter section and block duplicates but I  cannot find a check box with that name. Would you please provide the exact wording of the applicable box. Thanks so much. 

All best, Ed

73, Ed Jones W2LCQ

Frankford Radio Club

On Mar 16, 2020, at 5:17 PM, Scott Davis via Groups.Io <SNKDavis@...> wrote:

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your e-mail and suggestions.  Responses inserted:

Sent: Mon, Mar 16, 2020 4:24 pm

I spent the weekend using the WIQP log. Prefer it to N1MM -- but, there are 2 features of N1MM I wish I had back.

**  Thanks for using my software.  I'm really happy you liked it!  :)

1. I operate Search and Pounce (S&P). I listen, enter the log info into the log -- work  the station -- Press Enter to Log the Q. Sometimes though, the pileup is just too large and I click on another station on my panadapter planning to come back later. Once I change frequency, N1MM erases the log entry. I like that. Could your log do that too?
**  I don't have any Flex equipment here, so my ability to code for the panadapter specifically is limited.  My software interfaces with Flex via their DLL.  If you click on a spot on my software's band map, my software will clear the previous call and tune immediately to the spot frequency.
  1. When I click on a frequency on the panadapter, N1MM displays the station you already worked on that frequency. If I am Searching & Pouncing, I then don't waste time waiting for the "running" station to ID -- I go merrily on my way. I think N1MM remembers if you actually worked the station before and might use a color code to remind you to either skip this station or you waited around before (see above) and didn't work him.
**  For the band map, on the DX Spotting set up form, click the More Filter button and then enable the option to block duplicates.  Again, I understand that you are asking about the panadapter.  If I ever wind up with a rig with a panadapter, I will see what I can do.

Thanks again for your suggestions!

**  Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...
Your answer could be -- well then use N1MM -- OK I could do that, but if you ever add this feature to your log it would be about perfect!

Mike N9MS

Ed W2LCQ

Scott,

I see multiple spots for the same station On the lower panel of the log which I believe is the Bandmap. Sometimes 5-6. spots. You said to go to the more filter section and block duplicates but I  cannot find a check box with that name. Would you please provide the exact wording of the applicable box. Thanks so much. 

All best, Ed

73, Ed Jones W2LCQ

Frankford Radio Club

On Mar 16, 2020, at 5:17 PM, Scott Davis via Groups.Io <SNKDavis@...> wrote:

Hi Mike,

**  I don't have any Flex equipment here, so my ability to code for the panadapter specifically is limited.  My software interfaces with Flex via their DLL.  If you click on a spot on my software's band map, my software will clear the previous call and tune immediately to the spot frequency.
  1. When I click on a frequency on the panadapter, N1MM displays the station you already worked on that frequency. If I am Searching & Pouncing, I then don't waste time waiting for the "running" station to ID -- I go merrily on my way. I think N1MM remembers if you actually worked the station before and might use a color code to remind you to either skip this station or you waited around before (see above) and didn't work him.
**  For the band map, on the DX Spotting set up form, click the More Filter button and then enable the option to block duplicates.  Again, I understand that you are asking about the panadapter.  If I ever wind up with a rig with a panadapter, I will see what I can do.

**  Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Mike N9MS

Mike Saeger

Clicking on the  panadapter just sends a frequency change to the radio via CAT control. Really nothing special. My SDR (Hermes) uses the Kenwood Ts-2000 CAT commands which already work well with your logging program. You already pick up my band & mode changes. On a “real” radio it would be the same as turning the VFO knob.

Scott Davis

Hi Mike,

**  Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Mike N9MS

N9MS Mike Saeger

2. When I click on a frequency on the panadapter, N1MM displays the station you already worked on that frequency. If I am Searching & Pouncing, I then don't waste time waiting for the "running" station to ID -- I go merrily on my way. I think N1MM remembers if you actually worked the station before and might use a color code to remind you to either skip this station or you waited around before (see above) and didn't work him.

Mike N9MS