Topics

Importing ADI files problem

W6OLA@...

Hi All....I am new to AC software, and new to this group.
Here is my problem and question....I uploaded an ADI File from my current logging program to AC log in order to begin using it. There were 8999 contacts to be uploaded.
When AC log displayed my contacts they were all out of date order, and there were 11125 contacts.
My question is ...How can I get the contacts into date order ?....Tthat will allow me to delete the dupes that seem to be made.
Getting the contacts into date order is my biggest need at the moment.
Thank you for your time...
Ed W6OLA

Scott Davis

Hi Ed,

Thanks for your e-mail.  To sort your log file on date, click File > Sort Log on Date.

Hi All....I am new to AC software, and new to this group.
Here is my problem and question....I uploaded an ADI File from my current logging program to AC log in order to begin using it. There were 8999 contacts to be uploaded.
When AC log displayed my contacts they were all out of date order, and there were 11125 contacts.
My question is ...How can I get the contacts into date order ?....Tthat will allow me to delete the dupes that seem to be made.
Getting the contacts into date order is my biggest need at the moment.
Thank you for your time...
Ed W6OLA

Paul-N5DUP

Ed,

When you click on the Date / Time field header highlighted in this picture, it will reorder the contacts by date/time.

Paul
N5DUP

On Feb 24, 2020, at 5:18 AM, W6OLA via Groups.Io <W6OLA@...> wrote:

Hi All....I am new to AC software, and new to this group.
Here is my problem and question....I uploaded an ADI File from my current logging program to AC log in order to begin using it. There were 8999 contacts to be uploaded.
When AC log displayed my contacts they were all out of date order, and there were 11125 contacts.
My question is ...How can I get the contacts into date order ?....Tthat will allow me to delete the dupes that seem to be made.
Getting the contacts into date order is my biggest need at the moment.
Thank you for your time...
Ed W6OLA

Jim Shorney

That is a display sort, not permanent. He probably wants the database sort-by-date under the File menu.

73

-Jim
NU0C

On Feb 24, 2020, at 5:18 AM, W6OLA via Groups.Io <W6OLA=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

Hi All....I am new to AC software, and new to this group.
Here is my problem and question....I uploaded an ADI File from my current logging program to AC log in order to begin using it. There were 8999 contacts to be uploaded.
When AC log displayed my contacts they were all out of date order, and there were 11125 contacts.
My question is ...How can I get the contacts into date order ?....Tthat will allow me to delete the dupes that seem to be made.
Getting the contacts into date order is my biggest need at the moment.
Thank you for your time...
Ed W6OLA

W6OLA@...

Thank you Scott....Thanks for the easy fix. AC is a great tool.
Ed W6OLA