Topics

Consolidating my many N3FJP POTA logs into one complete POTA log

Hi. Since I started POTA activations I have made a separate Log for each location. I do not want to mix these logs with my home AClog since the location of the station (POTA location) is different for each log and is not my home station.  I would also like to check if I have a specific call sign in any of my POTA logs. That is easy except I need to bring up every POTA log and check each one. Has anyone found a way to have just one complete POTA log? I would think I could make a log called complete POTA and import each of my separate logs into that complete log. That seems to work except for one problem. When I entered the paper logs into each separate N3FJP POTA it took the QRZ address information and put that info into the comments area. Now it seems that when I export and fill in the field " add optional comment for ever contact" the program will not add the comment (Like K-5239) if the comment field already has an address in it.

From this point on I assume I need to not have QRZ fill in the address info in order to create a complete POTA log but do I need to go back and delete the comments in all of my current logs to import them with the correct POTA number?

Any suggestions?
73
Tnx
Peter
AA2VG

Mike Olbrisch

POTA = SOTA – pretty much the same thing.

I keep two logs.  One log is all of my activities in Europe, that’s portable DL, HB9, HB0, OE, OK, everything Europe.  The other log is all my activities in the USA.  Home and portable, it doesn’t matter, one big happy log.  And I can pull up a call sign from any contact dating ack to 1990.  I am just very fastidious about making certain I only upload to LoTW with the proper location selected.  With a little fore-thought, this is easy to do.  Once you get the hang of it, there’s nothing to it.  I’d be happy to point you in the right direction should you decide to go with the one log.

Alternately, you can have more than one log fine as you know.  So make one log containing everything, and open it when you need a global search.

Good luck, whatever you decide to do.

Mike – KD5KC -- El Paso -- Texas.