Topics

Confused about spotting!

Carl Horvath Jr

I don’t understand why I don’t see the parks on the air, and other special events stations here in the states being spotted.
I have a couple of friends, one in Fl, and one near me, and they both see a POTA spots.

I probably just have something not checked or checked where it shouldn’t be checked.

Also, after I work them and click log, it doesn’t show up in the spotting screen that I worked them.
currently using dxspots.

Thanks for all you do.

God Bless,

Chuck WD8BXS

Scott Davis

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Here are the only DX Spot filter settings in AC Log:

On the DX Spotting set up form, make sure NA is checked:

Capture.JPG

On the More Filtering form, make sure your settings are as follows:

Capture2.JPG

If you are still not seeing the spots you expect after setting your software as above, the filtering is external to AC Log.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Feb 19, 2020 9:10 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Confused about spotting!

I don’t understand why I don’t see the parks on the air, and other special events stations here in the states being spotted.
I have a couple of friends, one in Fl, and one near me, and they both see a POTA spots.
I probably just have something not checked or checked where it shouldn’t be checked.
Also, after I work them and click log, it doesn’t show up in the spotting screen that I worked them.
currently using dxspots.
Thanks for all you do.
God Bless,
 Chuck WD8BXS

Carl Horvath Jr

Yes, Scott, I see that, thanks

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Davis via Groups.Io
Sent: Wednesday, February 19, 2020 11:48 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Confused about spotting!

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Here are the only DX Spot filter settings in AC Log:

On the DX Spotting set up form, make sure NA is checked:

Capture.JPG

On the More Filtering form, make sure your settings are as follows:

Capture2.JPG

If you are still not seeing the spots you expect after setting your software as above, the filtering is external to AC Log.

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Sent: Wed, Feb 19, 2020 9:10 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Confused about spotting!

currently using dxspots.

Thanks for all you do.

God Bless,

Chuck WD8BXS

Carl Horvath Jr

I see the spots show up on the telnet window, but they do not show on the main form.
When they show on the telnet screen, they have already gone through the telnet filtering.
So why don't they transfer to the main form???

Chuck

Scott Davis

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for your follow up.  I'm sorry that you are still having trouble.  The response I sent previously still applies.

Please send along screen shots of your DX Filtering form and DX Spotting set up form.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Fri, Feb 21, 2020 2:40 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Confused about spotting!

I see the spots show up on the telnet window, but they do not show on the main form.
When they show on the telnet screen, they have already gone through the telnet filtering.
So why don't they transfer to the main form???

Chuck