Topics

Intermittent logging from JTAlert and LoTW confirmations

Mark Steele

Starting yesterday, I am getting intermittent messages from JTAlert that it cannot log a QSO with ACL 6.6.  Additionally, I have a growing number of QSO's in ACL that will not show 'Confirm By' from LoTW - even though I confirm they are in the LoTW database. If I manually add the 'L' to the 'S Conf By' field, the field does not change color.

I have also noticed that when I start a QSO in WSJT-X, ACL is not pre-populating the call sigh as it normally did (the setting in JTAlert for this function is set (Enable sending of new DX call when first selected).

I suspect that something is blocking port 1100 or it is not starting properly in ACL.

Windows 7 Home 64 bit
JTAlert 2.15.10 release (not beta)
ACL 6.6

I have restarted the app and the PC several times with no joy.
I have confirmed that JTAlert is set to ACLog, Local PC and TCP port 1100.

Best regards,

Mark

Mark Steele

Interesting - I changed the port number on ACL to 55055 (a random port that netstat showed as not being in use) and it began working again. I'm not sure what was using port 1100 (net showed it was ACLog) - but with 55055 in use, it is working again.

Mark

Mark Steele

FYI - this is still an issue:

I have a growing number of QSO's in ACL that will not show 'Confirm By' from LoTW - even though I confirm they are in the LoTW database. If I manually add the 'L' to the 'S Conf By' field, the field does not change color.

I did export the database, create a new one and import the ADIF but it still behaves the same way.

Mark

Scott Davis

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your e-mail.  The color value is based on the Y / N (Sent / Received) values, not the confirmed by values, as detailed here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q109

Doing a back dated All Since download or All Data download will likely get you going.  Details are here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q32

More details on now LoTW works with my software are in this video here:

I have a growing number of QSO's in ACL that will not show 'Confirm By' from LoTW - even though I confirm they are in the LoTW database. If I manually add the 'L' to the 'S Conf By' field, the field does not change color.

I did export the database, create a new one and import the ADIF but it still behaves the same way.

Mark

Mark Steele

Thank you Scott,

I had actually done all those steps prior to posting my request. I noticed that the 'QSL Sent' flag did not get set for about five QSO's and after repeatedly trying to download the confirmations, I manually set them. I'll continue to monitor to see if the issue was related to the previously mentioned issues with the port number being in use. It's possible that whatever was causing that issue interrupted the completion of the logging.

Best regards,