Topics

Can't Upgrade

n3nz Noel

Hi all,

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 home.
Last contest ARRL DX wanted to down load Country Files and window drop down
opens saying;  Error Downloading Country Files. The request was aborted; could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
I never had this this problem in windows 7. Any solutions?

73, Noel (OM) N3NZ

George Merkle

When that happens to me, I try to open the same URL as the program, in this case, Country Files.  It could be that the ARRL server was having some issues.  If I can open it from my browser, but the program can’t access it, I’d try rebooting the PC & reloading the program.
George N0GM

On Feb 18, 2020, at 9:26 AM, n3nz Noel <n3nz@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 home.
Last contest ARRL DX wanted to down load Country Files and window drop down
opens saying;  Error Downloading Country Files. The request was aborted; could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
I never had this this problem in windows 7. Any solutions?

73, Noel (OM) N3NZ

Scott Davis

Hi Noel,

Thanks for your e-mail.  Jim made some changes to his country web site server.  Please upgrade to the latest version of the ARRL DX software, or just do the download from AC Log and you will be all set.

When that happens to me, I try to open the same URL as the program, in this case, Country Files.  It could be that the ARRL server was having some issues.  If I can open it from my browser, but the program can’t access it, I’d try rebooting the PC & reloading the program.
George N0GM

On Feb 18, 2020, at 9:26 AM, n3nz Noel <n3nz@...> wrote:

Hi all,

I upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10 home.
Last contest ARRL DX wanted to down load Country Files and window drop down
opens saying;  Error Downloading Country Files. The request was aborted; could not create SSL/TLS secure channel.
I never had this this problem in windows 7. Any solutions?

73, Noel (OM) N3NZ

K8TS

Was not there some security changes made some time back?  I want to think Win 7 would no longer download after the required changes.  At 70, mind is not as sharp as once was, please correct me it wrong.

Dale K8TS

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

[...]

Lou Everett, Sr.

Be sure your TQSL is up to date and you have the latest version of log.

Lou WA5LOU

--
Lou WA5LOU

n3nz Noel

Thank you Scot and Goerge for your help. I was running the 4.8 version of the ARRL DX. Just downloaded the 4.9 version and the country files downloaded OK.

73, Noel (OM) N3NZ