From: Jim Brassell, K4ZMV <jas.brassell@...>
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Thu, Feb 13, 2020 12:26 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Error when attempting to download AD1C country file

When I attempt to download the AD1C country file to ACL, I get a message saying the attempt was aborted because it could not create a SSL/TLS secure channel.  How do I fix that?

Jim Brassell, K4ZMV

Hello, Scott.

I am running Windows 7 Professional (64 Bit) Service Pack 1 with all current updates.  I am also using Windows Explorer 11 with all current updates.  I am not having any other SSL problems.

Thanks and 73, Jim

Scott Davis

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your follow up.  You should be okay with Win 7.  Please make sure this Win 7 update is on your system:

If you continue to have trouble, try running the SSLFix.reg file detailed at the bottom of the page here:

I hope that this helps!