From: robert
Sent: Tuesday, November 26, 2019 5:37 AM
To: n3fjp users
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Logging question

During this weekends DX contest I wrkd.  MW/R6AF. The software said error. The 3rd digit must be a number. So I logged Him as MW1/R6AF which logged OK. Later i wrkd. FS/VA3DF. Same thing. I just quickly redid the call as VA3DF/FO & it logged OK. Not run into this in previous contests.

K9IL

Scott Davis

Hi Robert,

Thanks for your e-mail.  If you read the dialogue carefully, it alerts you that there isn't a numerical value in the 2nd or 3rd character, but it also tells you just to press enter to log the QSO anyway.  Just press enter again and you are all set.

During this weekends DX contest I wrkd.  MW/R6AF. The software said error. The 3rd digit must be a number. So I logged Him as MW1/R6AF which logged OK. Later i wrkd. FS/VA3DF. Same thing. I just quickly redid the call as VA3DF/FO & it logged OK. Not run into this in previous contests.
K9IL

Larry Banks

You will probably receive NILs for those Qs as they will submit using the call that they sent.  ALWAYS log the call you hear.  You just need to hit enter a second time to log those calls.

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ