Topics

Suggestion for importing ADIF files

Bert W0RSB <bert.w0rsb@...>

The menu selection "Import ADIF ..." always goes to the ACLOG directory in Documents. It would be nice if the last directory used could be remembered, or even better if it was configured.
--
Bert - W0RSB
Saint Paul, MN

Jim Shorney

I tend to agree with this. My imports and exports are ALWAYS from different locations.

-Jim
NU0C

On Wed, 11 Sep 2019 12:08:30 -0700
"Bert W0RSB via Groups.Io" <bert.w0rsb=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

The menu selection "Import ADIF ..." always goes to the ACLOG directory in Documents. It would be nice if the last directory used could be remembered, or even better if it was configured.
--
Bert - W0RSB
Saint Paul, MN

Scott Davis

Thanks for your thoughts and suggestions Bert!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Wed, Sep 11, 2019 3:08 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Suggestion for importing ADIF files

--
Bert - W0RSB
Saint Paul, MN

John Huber

Like Jim/NU0C, I am always importing from my N1MM exports folder ... so I made a shortcut to that folder and put it in the ACLog folder that always opens on import.  A quick mouse operation and I'm in the folder I need to be!

73,  John / N8FYL

Bert W0RSB <bert.w0rsb@...>

Great idea! That will certainly do until a feature is added to the software.
--
Bert - W0RSB
Saint Paul, MN

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

Scott,

FYI, if your using the standard .NET Dialog classes (based on the CommonDialog) to open files and directories, you can open to the last used directory without needing to write any path save/restore code. The standard Dialogs have a "RestoreDirectory" property which if set to true will open at the last user-accessed directory regardless of the path specified by the "InitialDirectory" property. I use it all the time, give it a try (it may not be available in the Framework version you code against).

de Laurie VK3AMA