Topics

shift-cntl-g

Bill DeVore

I really like  the shift-ctrl-g feature found in most of Scott's contesting software. However it doesn't seem to work with the Hiram Percy Contest Log 1.0 I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple.

Bill - W3PNM

Scott Davis

Hi Bill,

Thanks for the report.  You haven't overlooked anything, the error is mine.  With the HPM software, enter will send the F3 CW string as usual, but tab does not send the F2 CW string.  

This is one of the reasons I am extremely reluctant to attempt to support a new contest with a tight time notification window.  There are just too many things that can fall through the cracks.

Thanks again for the report.  If ARRL decides to make this an annual event, it's all corrected for next time.

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Sep 2, 2019 1:06 pm
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] shift-cntl-g

I really like  the shift-ctrl-g feature found in most of Scott's contesting software. However it doesn't seem to work with the Hiram Percy Contest Log 1.0 I'm sure I'm overlooking something simple.

Bill - W3PNM

Bill DeVore

Thanks for the quick response Scott. At least now I know I'm not loosing my mind. It's no big deal and you did a great job rushing this nice piece of software to your user base.

So glad I'm a N3FJP customer!

Bill

Fred K2DFC

What is shift-ctrl-g supposed to do?

Scott Davis

Hi Fred,

Ctrl + Shift + G enables the CW Tab Sends Message (TSM) function.  A complete list of keyboard shortcuts is here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/faq.html#q74

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

Sent: Tue, Sep 3, 2019 11:27 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] shift-cntl-g

What is shift-ctrl-g supposed to do?

Fred K2DFC

Maybe I'm having an old age moment. I still don't get it. Are we talking about the messages stored under the F-Keys? If so I have never used shift-cntl-g. I just hit an F-Key and the message is sent. If it's something else can you please explain.

Scott Davis

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your follow up.  Details are in the CW setup text narrative on the CW setup form as follows:

To enable the Tab Sends Message (TSM) option, press Ctrl + Shift + G from the main form.  With TSM enabled, when you tab from the Call field, the F2 string will be sent.  When you press enter, the F3 string will be sent.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Tue, Sep 10, 2019 1:29 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] shift-cntl-g

Maybe I'm having an old age moment. I still don't get it. Are we talking about the messages stored under the F-Keys? If so I have never used shift-cntl-g. I just hit an F-Key and the message is sent. If it's something else can you please explain.