Topics

Field Day Fiasco

we5txs@...

Where should I start? I have gotten my IC-7300 to work with WSJT-X and JTAlert but cannot for the life of me get JTAlert to automatically log to the field day program OR to the regular log program. Followed the instructions to connect JTAlert and the logging program but to no avail.I have searched Youtube and watched several videos and followed their instructions, still nothing.

Mind you I am not the brightest light bulb in the box but I can follow instructions..... If I can set up LOTW and HRD, I certainly should be able to set AClog to work. Anyone have any ideas to assist??

Scott Davis

Hi Russell,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you ran into trouble.  If you haven't already, please take a look at these steps here:

If you continue to have trouble, you'll need to provide the group a lot more detail for us to help you, but with enough information, we will do our best (your settings, what specifically is occurring, etc.).

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Sun, Jun 23, 2019 11:48 am
Subject: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Field Day Fiasco

Where should I start? I have gotten my IC-7300 to work with WSJT-X and JTAlert but cannot for the life of me get JTAlert to automatically log to the field day program OR to the regular log program. Followed the instructions to connect JTAlert and the logging program but to no avail.I have searched Youtube and watched several videos and followed their instructions, still nothing.

Mind you I am not the brightest light bulb in the box but I can follow instructions..... If I can set up LOTW and HRD, I certainly should be able to set AClog to work. Anyone have any ideas to assist??

we5txs@...

Did that. Still won''t populate anything.

On 6/23/2019 1:07 PM, Scott Davis via Groups.Io wrote:
Hi Russell,

Thanks for your e-mail.  I'm sorry that you ran into trouble.  If you haven't already, please take a look at these steps here:

If you continue to have trouble, you'll need to provide the group a lot more detail for us to help you, but with enough information, we will do our best (your settings, what specifically is occurring, etc.).

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-- 
Rusty Plocheck, WE5TXS
ARRL West Texas Traffic Manager
ARRL West Texas Assistant Section Emergency Coordinator
Texas Traffic Net Manager 

Rusty Plocheck <we5txs@...>

On 6/23/2019 1:58 PM, Rusty Plocheck wrote:

Hi Russell,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-- 
Rusty Plocheck, WE5TXS
-- 
Rusty Plocheck, WE5TXS

Scott Davis

Hi Russell,

Thanks for your follow up.  Off the cuff, your settings look correct for AC Log.  You have the API enabled, which is the only relevant setting in my software.  The rest is handled by JTAlert.

First check to make sure your Internet protection software isn't clamping down on JTAlert's transfer to AC Log.  If that doesn't correct the problem, this group here has folks who are more knowledgeable on the JTAlert side who will likely be better able to help you:

https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Sun, Jun 23, 2019 3:09 pm
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Field Day Fiasco

On 6/23/2019 1:58 PM, Rusty Plocheck wrote:
Hi Russell,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-- 
Rusty Plocheck, WE5TXS
-- 
Rusty Plocheck, WE5TXS

techpubsman <RandyMather@...>

I hear you. My club has the same problem. Icom 7300 with WSJT-X and JTAlert. Followed all instructions and had people who are knowledgeable in networking work on and could not get it to work. Never got it to work in time for field day or during field day.

Randy – AJ7B

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of we5txs@...
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2019 8:03 AM
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

Image removed by sender.

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Justin Lentz

Rusty we set JT alert up to the remote PC and it worked except it had a issue with freezing from time to time. You also have to make sure all the UDP check boxes are checked in WSJT. You place that UDP server from WSJT in the JT Alert and the port number from N3FJP software is how we got it working 

Justin Lentz KF5IVJ
Ellis County Amateur Radio Club President and Program Officer

On Sun, Jun 23, 2019 at 8:26 PM -0500, "techpubsman" <RandyMather@...> wrote:

I hear you. My club has the same problem. Icom 7300 with WSJT-X and JTAlert. Followed all instructions and had people who are knowledgeable in networking work on and could not get it to work. Never got it to work in time for field day or during field day.

Randy – AJ7B

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io [mailto:N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io] On Behalf Of we5txs@...

Virus-free. www.avg.com

Rusty Plocheck <we5txs@...>

Finally got the problem figured out. Seems as though my Malware scanner was blocking a file in JTAlert and kept it from forwarding the necessary information to ACL. Once I added an exception for the file, BAM! worked like a champ....

On 6/23/2019 8:48 PM, Justin Lentz wrote:
Rusty we set JT alert up to the remote PC and it worked except it had a issue with freezing from time to time. You also have to make sure all the UDP check boxes are checked in WSJT. You place that UDP server from WSJT in the JT Alert and the port number from N3FJP software is how we got it working 

Justin Lentz KF5IVJ

Randy – AJ7B

Virus-free. www.avg.com

-- 
Rusty Plocheck, WE5TXS

Gary

I guess we were lucky our computer guy(s) had it working great! Almost too easy.

Gary kk0sd (w0wtn for Field Day)

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Justin Lentz
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2019 8:49 PM
To: n3fjpsoftwareusers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] Field Day Fiasco

Justin Lentz KF5IVJ

Randy – AJ7B

Virus-free. www.avg.com