Running out of time. Hoping for a solution before Field Day 2019

Bill DeVore

Based on recommendations I read on this forum, I purchased an RT Systems USB-63 control cable to use with N3FJP's Field Day Contest Log 6.0 and my Yaesu FT-450D. I installed the proper driver and the device manager shows the USB-63 Radio Cable is at (COM5) I ran the RT Systems programming software and it successfully connects with the 450D so I'm fairly sure everything is installed correctly.

COM4 is assigned to Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL whatever that means so I chose the only remaining port COM 3

I've tried every conceivable combination of parameters without success. If anyone is using at FT-450D and the N3FJP Field Day software with RT Systems USB-63, I'd sure like to hear about it! I hope I didn't waste a bunch of money for nothing

AI3KS

Bill,

If device manager is showing the cable on COM 5, that is the port you should use in the rig setup. Just remember that you cannot share the port with anything else, including the RT Systems software.

Steve, AI3KS

On 19/06/17 11:34, Bill DeVore wrote:
Based on recommendations I read on this forum, I purchased an RT Systems USB-63 control cable to use with N3FJP's Field Day Contest Log 6.0 and my Yaesu FT-450D. I installed the proper driver and the device manager shows the USB-63 Radio Cable is at (COM5) I ran the RT Systems programming software and it successfully connects with the 450D so I'm fairly sure everything is installed correctly.

COM4 is assigned to Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL whatever that means so I chose the only remaining port COM 3

I've tried every conceivable combination of parameters without success. If anyone is using at FT-450D and the N3FJP Field Day software with RT Systems USB-63, I'd sure like to hear about it! I hope I didn't waste a bunch of money for nothing

Mike Olbrisch

One caution.  If you insert the RT-Systems cable in a different USB port, it will show up with a different number.  I'm assuming you installed the driver, plugged in the cable to your USB port, and left the cable in that port.

Vy73 -- Mike -- DL/KD5KC
Rhon Mountains
Strahlungen Germany

On Mon, Jun 17, 2019 at 9:34 AM -0600, "Bill DeVore" <maxrcul@...> wrote:

Based on recommendations I read on this forum, I purchased an RT Systems USB-63 control cable to use with N3FJP's Field Day Contest Log 6.0 and my Yaesu FT-450D. I installed the proper driver and the device manager shows the USB-63 Radio Cable is at (COM5) I ran the RT Systems programming software and it successfully connects with the 450D so I'm fairly sure everything is installed correctly.

COM4 is assigned to Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL whatever that means so I chose the only remaining port COM 3

I've tried every conceivable combination of parameters without success. If anyone is using at FT-450D and the N3FJP Field Day software with RT Systems USB-63, I'd sure like to hear about it! I hope I didn't waste a bunch of money for nothing

John Huber

If the device manager shows the cable on COM5, and the RT Systems programming software connects on COM5, then I think you should use COM5 in N3FJP software too!

Remember, ONLY 1 application can connect to the com port at a time (without extra port sharing software and that opens a can of worms I don’t recommend).

73 & GL at FD,

John / N8FYL

Based on recommendations I read on this forum, I purchased an RT Systems USB-63 control cable to use with N3FJP's Field Day Contest Log 6.0 and my Yaesu FT-450D. I installed the proper driver and the device manager shows the USB-63 Radio Cable is at (COM5) I ran the RT Systems programming software and it successfully connects with the 450D so I'm fairly sure everything is installed correctly.

COM4 is assigned to Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL whatever that means so I chose the only remaining port COM 3

I've tried every conceivable combination of parameters without success. If anyone is using at FT-450D and the N3FJP Field Day software with RT Systems USB-63, I'd sure like to hear about it! I hope I didn't waste a bunch of money for nothing

Bill DeVore

I haven't moved moved the RT Systems cable since inserting it in the PC

I've tried all 3 ports to no avail.

I have Scott's software connected to my K3S on another computer in the shack and I've had no problems. I don't want to drag the Elecraft to field day

Bill

AI3KS

Bill,

Unless you changed it, the default baud rate is 4800.Your attachment shows 38400.

Steve, AI3KS

On 19/06/17 12:22, Bill DeVore wrote:
I haven't moved moved the RT Systems cable since inserting it in the PC

I've tried all 3 ports to no avail.

I have Scott's software connected to my K3S on another computer in the shack and I've had no problems. I don't want to drag the Elecraft to field day

Bill

Bill DeVore

Thanks Steve and to all the others who helped with their comments!! Changing the baud rate to 4800 was all that was needed. I guess I was so fixated on the K3S that communicates at 38400 it never occurred to me to try a differed speed. My Winkeyer USB, N3FJP's FD software and the FT-450D are happily communicating with one another.

Bill - W3PNM

Frank MacKenzie-Lamb <maclamb@...>

100% correct Bill…….100% correct