Topics

VHF contest and FT8

John K9IJ

Hi Scott,

I'm running FT8 in the VHF contest and things are running reasonably well, but I see one
minor problem.

I'm running VHF contest log 6.3 with WSJT-x 2.0.1 and JTAlertx 2.13.4. When I log a QSO
(using the OG QSO button on WSLT-X) the qso is logged OK but after a few seconds I get
an error popup that says that the qso was not logged.

It saus ERROR Message: ACLog File: Unable to confirm QSO logged.

I realize that this is coming from JTAlert-X but I'm wondering if I'm running the wrong version
of something. Have you heard of this one before?

John - K9IJ

--
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced !

k9ij@...
Webmaster, Network Admin, Janitor

AI3KS

John,

If you are using the contest log, you need to reconfigure JTAlert. Check Laurie's tutorial in the help files.

Steve, AI3KS

On 19/06/09 19:20, John K9IJ wrote:
Hi Scott,

I'm running FT8 in the VHF contest and things are running reasonably well, but I see one
minor problem.

I'm running VHF contest log 6.3 with WSJT-x 2.0.1 and JTAlertx 2.13.4. When I log a QSO
(using the OG QSO button on WSLT-X) the qso is logged OK but after a few seconds I get
an error popup that says that the qso was not logged.

It saus ERROR Message: ACLog File: Unable to confirm QSO logged.

I realize that this is coming from JTAlert-X but I'm wondering if I'm running the wrong version
of something. Have you heard of this one before?

John - K9IJ

Larry Banks

Hi John,

Are you logging to the VHF contest SW? Did you configure JTAlert for that SW?

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ

[...]

I have JTAlert set to log to ACLog. Obviously I'm missing something.. I'll dig around and
see if I can find what.

John K9IJ

-----Original Message----- From: John K9IJ
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2019 19:20
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io

[...]

Humm, that tutorial seems to be missing (can't be displayed)

John - K9IJ

On 6/9/2019 6:23 PM, AI3KS wrote:
[...]

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/06/2019 10:22 am, John K9IJ wrote:
I have JTAlert set to log to ACLog. Obviously I'm missing something.. I'll dig around and
see if I can find what.

John K9IJ
That.s the problem.
You need to be using the Contest Log, not ACLog.

de Laurie VK3AMA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/06/2019 10:25 am, John K9IJ wrote:
Humm, that tutorial seems to be missing (can't be displayed)

John - K9IJ
Missing because your running an old version of JTAlert.
From the 2.13.5 release notes...
2.13.5
  Fixes:    - Help file missing "Tutorials -> N3FJP Contest Logs Logging" topic.

Its always best to install the latest JTAlert build. Currently it is 2.13.17

de Laurie VK3AMA

HamApps Support (VK3AMA)

On 10/06/2019 10:44 am, HamApps Support (VK3AMA) via Groups.Io wrote:
Currently it is 2.13.17
Correction, 2.13.7

de Laurie VK3AMA

John K9IJ

Laurie,

I will do the update... I did find the instructions in a thread on the website and yes, method 2 worked..
I was/am using the contest software. Somewhat my fault for not checking for specialized instructions
before hand.

Thanks
John - K9IJ