JTAlert says "Waiting for WSJT-X to start." #'s

rhotendj@...

Was attempting to get WSJT-X to log my contact.  JTAlert loaded and connected to WSJT-X 1 time but still didn't log the contact in N3FJP.  Now JTAlert has a window that says "Waiting for WSJT-X to start".  WSJT-X is up and running but JTAlert does not go any farther.

John K9IJ

Are you trying with JTAlert or JTAlertX? Should be JTAlertX.

On 2/24/2019 6:15 PM, rhotendj@... wrote:
Was attempting to get WSJT-X to log my contact.  JTAlert loaded and connected to WSJT-X 1 time but still didn't log the contact in N3FJP.  Now JTAlert has a window that says "Waiting for WSJT-X to start".  WSJT-X is up and running but JTAlert does not go any farther.

-- 
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced !

k9ij@...
Webmaster, Network Admin, Janitor

rhotendj@...

I didn’t follow my own advice that I give my XYL all the time, “Did you reboot?”.  After rebooting, WSJT-X and JTAlert both now work together but my WSJT-X contacts are not logged into AC Log.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of John K9IJ
Sent: Sunday, February 24, 2019 19:05
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] JTAlert says "Waiting for WSJT-X to start." #'s

-- 
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced !

k9ij@...

Scott Davis

Hi,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You'll find the steps to interface my software with WSJT-X via JTAlert here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/digitalsetup.html#wsjtx

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-----Original Message-----
To: N3FJPSoftwareUsers <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io>
Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 10:31 am
Subject: Re: [N3FJPSoftwareUsers] JTAlert says "Waiting for WSJT-X to start." #'s

I didn’t follow my own advice that I give my XYL all the time, “Did you reboot?”.  After rebooting, WSJT-X and JTAlert both now work together but my WSJT-X contacts are not logged into AC Log.

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of John K9IJ

-- 

k9ij@...

rhotendj@...

Thank you Scott for responding so fast.

I think I have followed your instructions but I can’t seem to get the connection to work.  I have attached two screen shots.  The first is a shot of the settings window.  The second is the error window that shows up after a few seconds of clicking OK in the WSJT-X log window.  Any Ideas?

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

Danny Rhoten - AB6UR

417 Victoria Drive

Kerrville, TX 78028

559-783-3148

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Davis via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 10:31

Hi,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You'll find the steps to interface my software with WSJT-X via JTAlert here:

Enjoy!

73, Scott

N3FJP

Serving the Amateur Radio community with contesting and general logging software since 1997.

1 Peter 3 vs 15: Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect...

-- 

k9ij@...

Scott Davis

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your follow up.  You'll need to tap into the center of the WSJT knowledge base for help there.  Please post your question to this group here:

https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support

Laurie (JTAlert developer) or others more familiar with JTAlert will likely have some suggestions for you.

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

Sent: Mon, Feb 25, 2019 3:25 pm

Thank you Scott for responding so fast.

I think I have followed your instructions but I can’t seem to get the connection to work.  I have attached two screen shots.  The first is a shot of the settings window.  The second is the error window that shows up after a few seconds of clicking OK in the WSJT-X log window.  Any Ideas?

Danny Rhoten - AB6UR
417 Victoria Drive
Kerrville, TX 78028
559-783-3148

From: N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io <N3FJPSoftwareUsers@groups.io> On Behalf Of Scott Davis via Groups.Io
Sent: Monday, February 25, 2019 10:31

Hi,

Enjoy!

73, Scott
N3FJP

-- 

k9ij@...