JTAlert says "Waiting for WSJT-X to start." #'s

rhotendj@...

Was attempting to get WSJT-X to log my contact.  JTAlert loaded and connected to WSJT-X 1 time but still didn't log the contact in N3FJP.  Now JTAlert has a window that says "Waiting for WSJT-X to start".  WSJT-X is up and running but JTAlert does not go any farther.

John K9IJ

Are you trying with JTAlert or JTAlertX? Should be JTAlertX.

--
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced !

k9ij@...
Webmaster, Network Admin, Janitor

rhotendj@...

I didn’t follow my own advice that I give my XYL all the time, “Did you reboot?”.  After rebooting, WSJT-X and JTAlert both now work together but my WSJT-X contacts are not logged into AC Log.

Are you trying with JTAlert or JTAlertX? Should be JTAlertX.

On 2/24/2019 6:15 PM, rhotendj@... wrote:

Was attempting to get WSJT-X to log my contact.  JTAlert loaded and connected to WSJT-X 1 time but still didn't log the contact in N3FJP.  Now JTAlert has a window that says "Waiting for WSJT-X to start".  WSJT-X is up and running but JTAlert does not go any farther.

--
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced !

k9ij@...
Webmaster, Network Admin, Janitor

Scott Davis

Hi,

Thanks for your e-mail.  You'll find the steps to interface my software with WSJT-X via JTAlert here:

http://www.n3fjp.com/help/digitalsetup.html#wsjtx

I didn’t follow my own advice that I give my XYL all the time, “Did you reboot?”.  After rebooting, WSJT-X and JTAlert both now work together but my WSJT-X contacts are not logged into AC Log.

Are you trying with JTAlert or JTAlertX? Should be JTAlertX.
On 2/24/2019 6:15 PM, rhotendj@... wrote:
Was attempting to get WSJT-X to log my contact.  JTAlert loaded and connected to WSJT-X 1 time but still didn't log the contact in N3FJP.  Now JTAlert has a window that says "Waiting for WSJT-X to start".  WSJT-X is up and running but JTAlert does not go any farther.

--
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced !

k9ij@...
Webmaster, Network Admin, Janitor

rhotendj@...

Thank you Scott for responding so fast.

I think I have followed your instructions but I can’t seem to get the connection to work.  I have attached two screen shots.  The first is a shot of the settings window.  The second is the error window that shows up after a few seconds of clicking OK in the WSJT-X log window.  Any Ideas?

Danny Rhoten - AB6UR

417 Victoria Drive

Kerrville, TX 78028

559-783-3148

[...]

Hi Danny,

Thanks for your follow up.  You'll need to tap into the center of the WSJT knowledge base for help there.  Please post your question to this group here:

https://hamapps.groups.io/g/Support

Laurie (JTAlert developer) or others more familiar with JTAlert will likely have some suggestions for you.